convulsions when depressed?

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by jasonkramer, Aug 26, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jasonkramer

jasonkramer Well-Known Member

do you ever have convulsions when you get depressed? ive noticed when i get really sad and depressed i must remain standing or sitting up. the reason is that if i lie down i will start shaking and convulsing uncontrollably. this is lessened when i lie on my back but not much. my abs start contracting and relaxing uncontrollably just as they do when i lie on my stomach, but since i am on my back i dont curl up into the fetal position.

2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

I think you should mention this to your doctor hun ok rule out anything medical that may be causing this hugs

3. Jack Rabbit

Jack Rabbit Well-Known Member

YES! But mine started after a head injury. Been through all kinds of tests, they've never found a cause. It's just, "yep, there it goes again" It's been 17 years and I don't worry about it any more. It's just an irritating fact of life and it doesn't cause any damage. I have found that keeping my head elevated, even a little bit, helps.
    They make wedges for people with GERD (acid reflux) - try a homemade wedge, if it helps get the commercial one - it's more comfy.

4. synchrohobbit

synchrohobbit Active Member

I think this is more related to my anxiety, but it's more like I can't sit still. It sounds like some sort of hormonal (like epinephrine) reaction, since depression is deeply connected to the HPG axis.

5. WonderClub

WonderClub Member

Sounds like anxiety or nerve damage.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.