• Please read the thread in Forum News and Announcements pertaining to race related discussion on SF - thank you :)

Cooking as a way of coping

MosesY

I say in order to cope I need to find small pleasures in life and maximize them.

Bourbon brats. I don't think beer adds much flavor to brats when you boil them in it. I was thinking of boiling brats in whiskey and looked up some recipes. I am going to slice three red peppers, three green peppers, and large dice three vidalia onions and put them in the slow cooker. I am going to spice it up with a cup of prairie dust, lots of garlic powder, salt, and pepper. I am going to put in ten raw bratwurst, probably Johnsonvile cheddar brats. I am going to put in a fifth of Evan Williams bourbon and enough Natty Daddy beer (8% alcohol) to cover them. I am going to cook it on low in the slow cooker for 6 hours then turn it on warm and remove the brats. When we are ready to eat I am going to grill the brats and then serve with the warm vegetables. Never would have imagined I love to cook this much when I was married and it is just nice to have someone to share it with.

I will share this with my roommate and afterwards we will go out in the garage for some cigars and drinks of the leftover alcohol. I say tomorrow life will be grand; why end it?

Thauoy

Hey @MosesY. I like your way of coping. I also used cooking as a way of my coping. I love cooking but I know how to cook only my traditional dishes. I have a desire to learn to cook different food items. I am using cooking food as a way to treat myself.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$600.00
Goal
$255.00