Coping alone

Discussion in 'Family, Friends and Relationships' started by dragonfly, Jun 13, 2010.

1. dragonfly

dragonfly New Member

I hope you do not judge me for this but my main reasons for joining this site is that I have recently had an abortion which I am not coping well with. The father is slightly older than me and has just blocked me out of his life. My reason was he would not be there for me and I was terrified at the idea of this. He's left me to deal with my grief alone telling me I'm worthless now and I'm heartbroken. Wasn't really sure where to post this

2. Aurora Gory Alice

Aurora Gory Alice Well-Known Member

Sorry to hear you are having to go through this - nobody should judge you for having an abortion. It was your choice and you did what you felt was right I'm sure.
    Do you have any friends or family or even a doctor that you can talk to? A friend of mine struggled majorly with her abortion and I can't imagine that him making you feel guilty about this is helping. :(

3. dragonfly

dragonfly New Member

Yeah I have my parents they gave been my biggest support through everything but whenever I mention him they start shouting which I can't deal with and also my mother has high blood pressure and I'm scared to make her ill. As much as I know he's bad for me it doesn't stop it hurting. I've rang an aftercare treatment and they are sorting me out some counselling sessions for everything

4. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

oh i am sorry he left you He is in no position to judge I am glad you got some councilling set up you have alot to deal with grief your feelings emotions You should not be alone in this time. I think you did what was best for you and the child only you can make that decison take care glad you reached out here.

5. IV2010

IV2010 Well-Known Member

Not judging you....that is a huge decision to make one way or the other...you've done what is best for you and that's all you can do....
    I understand it must be really hard for you to deal with..
    looks like your BF wasn't supportive any way so you may be better off without him...
    we're here so keep reaching out...