Coping question

Discussion in 'Soap Box' started by NoMoneyToPlease, Feb 11, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NoMoneyToPlease

NoMoneyToPlease Banned Member

How do you cope with people you love,who provide you with a sense of security,becoming all too fragile with old age?

When someone who had and still has the magic to make you feel safe and good about yourself needs help beyond what you can realistically give?

How do you find the courage to be there for them?

2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

You find a professional to give him that help you cannot be his carer okay even i cannot help my daughter i am too close to the situation not able to see clearly You need a professional person to step in and help in hugs

3. titanic

titanic Well-Known Member

I'm unaware of your circumstances - however I do know that there is strength in God during difficult times.

Sorry I can't be of any help.

4. Chargette

Chargette Well-Known Member

You just did it. You asked about it. Keep asking and find what options are available to you.

There are many facets of life to deal with and I have never found anyone who can deal with them all. Look for help that can deal with specific problems and recognize that organizations or people cannot always help with a specific problem because it is beyond them.

Stick with what you can do for the person. Try not to focus on the things you can't do.

I hope you feel better soon. :hugs:

5. NoMoneyToPlease

@Total eclipse-I hope everything works out for you and your daughter.This life thing,it is such a big and unfair monster at times to those we love.If only it could all be on ourselves and we could shield those we care for.:console:

@Titanic-Thank you for sharing your beliefs.I cannot discount the possibility of turning to the big fella. :)

@Chargette-Wise advice.I am not the first person to go through such a thing after all and I am not going through this alone,heck, I am far from the most important person in this whole scenario.
    perspective is more valuable than gold and you just gave me some.I shall not insult you by giving back such an inferior value metal back as repayment,instead be sure that I shall be lying in an obligatory wait ready to help you at some point in the future.:hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster:

6. NoMoneyToPlease

The issue has resolved itself.

7. Zurkhardo

Zurkhardo Well-Known Member

The fact that you care is good enough. In the end, most loved ones are in the same position as you: they want to do what is best for those they care about. I'm sure the ones you're talking about the feel the same way towards you. You clearly want what's best for them, and that love no doubt shows. As such, you're already doing your part.

Feeling inadequate is normal for people who care a lot about others. You tend to love them so much that you never feel you can do enough. That alone is a mark of love, even if it is a bit unfair to you :p It doesn't take much to help: a conversation, a hug, or just mere company is usually all a person needs.

Accept your limitations and do the best that you can do. That's certainly more than a lot of people would do ;)

8. bhawk

bhawk Well-Known Member

you learn to cope and you look after them and be strong for them too. Its a hard thing to do but to be honest what other choice is there!

9. NoMoneyToPlease

Thanks for the responses guys.She died this morning.

10. jota1

jota1 Well-Known Member

Sorry for your loss.

11. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

I am so sorry for you loss and hope yu have someone to help you through this the grieving and sadness hugs

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.