Coping with pain

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by Thelonlyone, Jan 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Thelonlyone

Thelonlyone Member

I have heard that it is good to talk about things that bother us.

I learned something new about myself today. That my Strength is also a trigger.I love my 2 year old son with all of my heart and soul, and up intill a few nights ago (New years eve, then his bday) I havent cut in a while.Wehn i get to see him and hold him and hear his voice his laugh the warmth he gives my heart when i feel him in my arms.But missing him,hating myself becuz i can not see him.is when the urges comes over me. It seems that my greatest strenth is also my weekness.

My Ex uses him over me,She made me break up with my G/F of a year saying i would not get to see him unless i did. She knows i do not have the money to file for visitations or joint custuady(spelling) So I see him when its good for her, and she is always giving me the run around. and it seems that as soon i hang up the phone,I get the urge, and the last time i did it. i didnt even relize it.

so i just hung up the phone, thats what started all this rambling. This place is great I can say what i feel and will not get looked down upon.

When i do SH. its like The pain to my body takes away the pain in my head. allows me to get past what i am thinking..

Thank you all
    Chuck

2. famous.last.words

famous.last.words Forum Buddy

Hi Chuck,

Im really sorry to hear your difficult story. it must be so hard not to see your little boy, and im really sorry you dont get to see him more.

Have you been to the doctors about your SH? Maybe having someone to talk to regulary about how much you miss your son would be helpful?

Sometimes i find it helpful to concentrate on the person you love so much, in this case your son, and imagine how your pain would feel to them. sometimes this can detract from the situation. Whilst you might find it easy to hurt yourself, we both know you could never hurt him, or hopefully them image of him.

Please feel free to PM me anytime if you wanna chat xxx

3. Thelonlyone

Thelonlyone Member

i have not seen a Dr this time around, A few years back I did, I tried to explain to them what and how i feel at times,But when i mentioned anything about cutting, his whole demenor changed very quick. So i back peddled out of the cutting talk. He told me that he would have had to bakeract(spelling)
    me if I was hurting myself.

I have tried to talk to my family and i get the "it will all get better" speach.

Today i had a bad urge. and saying what i said in the post before seemed to have gotten rid of it.well made it were i could deal with it. Today was a prime exsample of when i would SH.....and I didnt

4. magz74

magz74 Well-Known Member

im sorry about ur situation..i no the feeling about causing pain to the body takes away the pain in your head..i cut this morning for no apparant reason,it was just a urge taking ova me.if u fancy a chat...maggieharrison@hotmail.co.uk

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.