1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.


Discussion in 'Rape and Abuse' started by Starlightx, Dec 21, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Starlightx

    Starlightx Member

    You've no idea how stupid I feel, for asking for help. It's not something I'm used to. I'm supposed to be the strong one, not the one who needs help..

    But this is getting out of control, and it's affecting me in so many ways. My uncle molests me. He's constantly in my head, and he won't get out. I have flashbacks every night; lately they've been getting worse. It's gotten to the point where I'm afraid to sleep in my own bed, and I'm afraid to sleep at all. I'll be up until 1am talking to friends on MSN, because I'm scared to be alone.

    Honestly, I wouldn't be posting this unless I was desperate. It's hard for me to ask for help but I don't know what else to do.
  2. wunderwood

    wunderwood Well-Known Member

    He is currently molesting you? If so the first step is to get out of the situation. If you can't do it on your own, ask for help from someone you trust or we can help you find resources.

    If you aren't in the situation or even if you still are you may consider filing charges against him.

    Are you in therapy? If not you likely need to be. I found a place in RI through google http://www.dayoneri.org/ that looks like a good resource.

    Raiin also has a lot of helpful info, as well as online chatting with a counselor http://www.rainn.org/

    This board isn't too great about this sort of stuff, but if you are interested in a more focused support forum, send me a PM and i'll give you the link.

    I'm really, really sorry you are going through something like this. I know it very well.

    please take care.
  3. Petal

    Petal SF dreamer Staff Member Safety & Support SF Supporter

    Hi Starlightx,

    Welcome to SF.

    You HAVE to tell someone. Please tell the closest person to you. You should not have to suffer like this. Go to a police station, make a complaint. Don't be afraid, it wont be as bad as you imagine it to be.Don't be afraid that people won't believe you. You need to do this for yourself and to prevent him from doing it to someone else. Please do it soon.

    Thinking of you,Lynn.

    I am ALWAYS here if you need to talk about it, hugs. :hug:
  4. sudut

    sudut Well-Known Member

    I agree with Sweetheart.
  5. Nicki

    Nicki Active Member

    You have tell someone i didnt and know i'm 32 and the past abuse by both my parents is killing me inside...i find it hard to have proper relationships....Please you must tell someone as soon as possible
  6. Starlightx

    Starlightx Member

    I was in therapy for two months last spring, although I didn't trust my therapist enough to tell her what was really affecting me. Those two months increased my suicidal feelings and I'm much worse off now. I know not all counselors are the same and sometimes it takes a few tries to find a good one...but I don't think I'd feel comfortable going back. *shrug*

    As for telling someone, that's not something I feel I could do. I've screwed my family up enough, I'm not going to be the one to break it apart even more.

    And thanks for the replies everyone..really does mean a lot.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.