cops are unsympathetic assholes.

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by moogkitz, Mar 24, 2011.

1. moogkitz

moogkitz Well-Known Member

I had to get the cops called to my house yesterday because my sister and I (she's 17, I'm 16) were assaulted by a relative. The paramedics (first response crew... or whatever) also came, because I sustained injuries from the assault (my head was bleeding and I had a tiny cut on my cheek... no big deal). Our parents were not home, but luckily, my sister's boyfriend was there and he defended me against the relative who attacked me, who eventually left (after the cops were called).

So, the cops arrive. I thought I was supposed to feel safe around cops, right? Wrong. I felt rushed and humiliated. The cops were very impatient. After they arrived, my mom called and she was FUMING mad and probably scared. I was trying to calm her down and let her know what happened, then the cop sternly tells me "okay, we need you to get off the phone, the paramedics are here to check you out." I'm trying to get a word in over my mother, who keeps saying how she wants the relative arrested blah blah blah. I'm like "okay mom, mom, mom, MOM!" trying to tell her I need to go. While I'm doing this, the cop is like "we need you off the phone NOW." I finally got off, and I sat down while the paramedics looked at me. I'm crying a bit and I keep shaking and twitching. No one tries anything to calm me down, the cops are just staring at me, and they're joking around with the meds about how they had to get new computers or some shit. One of the meds gets me a tissue, but thats about it. Eventually my mom comes home, and the cops want to know if she wants to press charges. She says she doesn't want to (the relative who attacked me has a wife who is handicapped, and a baby to take care of). The cops are like "well, if you're not going to press charges, there's no reason for us to be here." They close their laptops, snatch them off the table, and say "okay. bye."

I mean, what the fucking fuck? They were so rude and impatient, the fact that they were even there only further pissed me off. They could have at least shown SOME emotion. I mean, I was just punched and pushed around by a 28-yo, 200-lb man, I was scared. And jesus christ, my parents weren't even home. At least act like you feel sorry for me.

/rant.

2. AlopexAngel

AlopexAngel Chat Buddy

That really sucks. Cops here are getting into big trouble because they keep shotting innocent people and assaulting ethnic minorities who haven't done anything. Then they're like "We're the good guys and protect people! Stop acting like the whole dept is doing stuff wrong!" So yeah, I totally hear what you're saying. I haven't personally have any bad experiences (that I know of as I've been pretty out of it sometimes) but a lot of people do.

3. Sadeyes

Sadeyes Staff Alumni

The most important thing is are you OK?...it does truly hurt when we embue 'goodness' on someone and they act in that way...but not all of them are like that (as you know)...you can file a complaint if you feel that would be best for you...or ask to speak to one of them and tell them how you felt...I am not sure you can change ppl like that, but think about what would be best for you...please let us know how you are doing...also, did you make clear to your mother that although you did not press charges, you insist that you are kept away from this person...your and your sister's safety is what is to be considered first...J

4. moogkitz

I've seen cops in the news lately who get off scott-free for shooting and killing innocent people and tazing people for no apparent reason. Its ridiculous; they do NOT deserve to be above the law. And I did NOT feel safe of comfortable in their presence. It was just awkward.

And my sister and I are fine. Everyday I discover a new pain or bruise. lol. Today it was my right pinky toe haha :p It's just really tough for me. I wanted an apology from him, but he just called me and I was too angry and scared to pick up the phone. I just don't want to talk to him, I wish him and his mom would just go away. And my dad is like "you should apologize for the part you played in it," and I'm like "...what? you mean slapping him AFTER he punched me? Or defending my sister? Or trying to get his angry ass out of my house?" It is all just very frustrating. I wish none of that had ever happened.

5. moogkitz

Oh, and my grandmother is like "He is not the type of person who would do that!"... seriously, grandma? He's hit his own mother. HE'S HIT HIS OWN MOTHER. And he's even held his ex girlfriend hostage when she tried to leave him, barricading doors and shit. He's crazy.

6. Cortez

Cortez Banned Member

7. itmahanh

itmahanh Senior Member & Antiquities Friend

I'm not defending what the police did or in this case didnt do. But I think many of them seperate themselves from the violence they have to see everyday. There are many good cops out there. They outnumber the rude seemingly uncaring ones. I'm sorry you had to experience both the abuse and the rude behaviour of the police officers. Glad you are able to vent about it here.

8. moogkitz

^^ I WISH I could meet a cop who was not a corrupt asshole. The only somewhat "good" cop I know is my boyfriend's dad, but I don't even know how he acts in the line of duty...

9. doityourself

doityourself Well-Known Member

I agree, I use to work closely with police and I can say that yes there are soooo many that are just plain ***holes but the good still out weighs the bad.

Can you imagine taking calls like this everyday, allday and then once you get there noone wants to press charges, they do what they can, not that its an excuse to be rude, but they only have certain amount of time to get in and take care of the situation before they get out and have to rush to the next one.

Im sorry that this person attacked you, even though he has a family to take care of is no excuse to get away with it.

JMO and sorry if I make you mad.

10. LillMy8989

LillMy8989 Well-Known Member

I do believe in you and this behavior is so common by cops around the world they dont cares, just "mission accomplished"-*go home*...

Plus my meds gives me huge pupils which annoys me whenever I wants to go out somewhere.