cos of what they did to me...

Discussion in 'Rape and Abuse' started by FallingAngel, Aug 8, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FallingAngel

FallingAngel Member

I have been sexually abused by men who I thought cared about me. The worst time for me was between the ages of 2 and 6. I am trying to get over that and move on with my life, but I am finding it so hard. The pain I feel is unbearable and I don't know how to handle it. What I think is really annoying my family and friends is that I don't want to be in a sexual relationship ever. They have been talking as if I might be a lesbian, but I am not one. I am a nothing. I don't want anyone touching me like that ever. Am I strange for feeling this way? Others that I know who were abused have been really into sex and married life. I know that I could never do that. I feel like I am from outer space. I don't like how people try to put pressure on me to be in a relationship, when clearly, I do not want it. EVER. Why is it so hard for people to accept me for who I am?
  2. Terry

Terry Antiquities Friend Staff Alumni

Sexual abuse can make people react differently. I worked in a unit of sexually abused kids where all of them had become prostitutes/rent boys, but all the literature on the after effects of sexual abuse says that people fall into two camps promiscuous or celebate.
    Everyone has their own way of dealing with it. What is needed is therapy to work thru the anger, disgust, broken trust issues that all sexually abused children feel.
    You can move on from it, you can (should you ever want to) have a "normal" relationship, but first you need to face the past and move on from it...not an easy journey but well worth the pain and fear that the journey will bring up. :hug:
  3. Anime-Zodiac

Anime-Zodiac Well-Known Member

People react Differentley according to what they go through. This is your way and people who respect and accept that. I don't get why there is always this thing about people needing to be in relationships, etc. The reality is no, people don't need to be in relationship. It's simply and purely by choice.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.