Could a lack of sleep encourage suicide

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by blueburn, Jun 22, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. blueburn

blueburn Member

So Ive read a few articles on this website on how they hate the world and the world hates them, a few of them talk about sleeping patterns and how they don't have any. I was just searching google and apparently it does. The evidence is about as concrete as jelly though, What do any of you think about that. Pick holes in my research if you like im just trying to find out why people turn to suicide. I mean ive been through alot yet Im not deppresed. Is it a strength of mind and will?. Or a mental disorder?. Also If you are considering suicide right now don't do it it's selfish, You would be hurting people who know you and you would be wasting a paramedics time who would be desperately trying to save your life while somewhere else someone who want's to live is in a medical emergency and died because the paramedics were busy trying to save you because you thought taking a box of paracetamol would be a good idea, Then if you do die you would end up on a pathologists table naked and your organs layed out on a table while medical students gawped at you. Ive seen it performed many times they will cut you quick and ruthlessly without compassion. I thought id try tough love insted of the usual * Don't do it it's not worth it You don't need to do this you have a life to live for*.

2. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

I think so,yes. Have you ever noticed that you feel more depressed when you're tired and been without sleep?

3. SAVE_ME

SAVE_ME Well-Known Member

lol strangely enough it's the opposite for me....I seem a lot happier when I haven't gotten much sleep

4. shades

shades Staff Alumni

I have experienced it, read about it in medical journals, heard about it on talk shows devoted to it and know many people who experience lack of sleep. It definitely can contribute to depression and then to suicidal tendencies.

But your approach and suggestions about not committing suicide and the reasons for it are adequate for some people. Unfortunately, it may fall short for most of us.

Thank you for contributing to the forum. I hope you will continue to post your thoughts here.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.