could it be..

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by name25, Sep 30, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. name25

name25 Member

could it be Gods will for someone to commit suicide ?
  2. NYJmpMaster

NYJmpMaster Have a question? Message Me Staff Member Forum Owner ADMIN

No, I do not thinks so. While not religious in any way whatsoever myself I have heard a great many times that religion prevents and calls it a sin (however one might classify that), but i do not believe any type of "supreme being" or greater power would have a reason to want somebody to kill at all, much less themselves.
  3. afterlifepig

afterlifepig Well-Known Member

i think God might be okay with it in some situations but He would never will it unless someone was in a state of extreme suffering
  4. Freya

Freya Loves SF Staff Member ADMIN

I do not think that God ever "wills" suicide - even in cases of extreme suffering. Every religious doctrine I know of says that suicide is a sin and wherever you stand on that being true or not, if the debate is whether or not God is okay with it, then it is a religious question and religions say no.

If God wanted you to die he would not "will" you to kill yourself - He has a billion ways to have someone die if he "willed" it - if it was a part of the Plan.

I am not religious in the traditional sense of the word but I do not believe that taking your life is ever something God intends or wills.
  5. name25

name25 Member

i'm not on a proper keyboard yet (on laptop)

if i was a supreme being and i wanted someone to take their life is pretty much what i would give them

just 10% of it. i'm 40 now. I've been having panic attacks since i was 17 or 18 (1993), but didnt know they were panic attacks until i was 35. so had panic attacks for 17 years before i knew what they were (google and anxiety forums didnt exist till about after year 2000). my 20's were parts of hell - i was just being weird with no explanation. i *know* people thought i was odd, i did too, but didnt know what was happening. thats only 10% of it, but i cant type properly on this laptop
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.