Could someone tell me something new?

Discussion in 'Help Me! I Need to Talk to Someone.' started by LilacTree, Jan 8, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LilacTree

LilacTree Member

I'm tired of talking and I'm tired of being like this, I got again afraid of dying, but life is even worse, the good things and the distractions don't compensate for it... Is there something left? What am I supposed to do? I'm sorry I'm being confusing...

Sorry, just another 'crisis moment'...

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 8, 2014
  2. flowers

flowers Senior Member

I have heard more than once that if someone is afraid of dying they will not really be able to live. I cannot say for sure if this is true. But I tend to believe it. Just because it feels true.

Iife is changing. Sometimes worse, sometimes more tolerable. I usually have lived on hope that things would get better. I know there is a better way to live. But I also know that for some reason I should not take my life. Even when I was in school I always thought that tomorrow would be better. It helped me get through. Whatever it takes. The important thing I think is that things may well get better. But if I killed myself then I took away that chance and possibility. Forever. Sorry you are in so much pain. I do find that being here in this community helps. I do not feel as alone

3. demuredawn

demuredawn Well-Known Member

talking gets old, i agree.. but, its also one of the biggest ways we get better, find new ideas and different perspectives and etc, so its a necessary evil.

being afraid of death is both good and bad... good in that it prevents you from suicide even when at your worst states, bad in that it also prevents you from pushing yourself to your fullest at times (which is where that thought flowers is speaking of came to be). for instance, say you really really really want to climb Mt Everest but realize you are not fully equipped to do so either in knowledge or equipment. If you are afraid of dieing, the thought that you could freeze to death while attempting the climb, or an avalanche could happen, or you may just slip and fall to your death, or perhaps not bring enough food along, etc.... will always come into play while you are trying to do what you need to prepare, and the closer you get to actually going, the more excuses you will find as to why you cannot do this "yet", and you will keep pushing the date off and perhaps never get to that summit, hence always finding reasons to call yourself a failure.

If your fear of death is what is causing you to feel bad about yourself, like in the way I described above, I hope that you will find a way to overcome that fear... perhaps through finding religion or coming to peace with the eventuality of non-existence or maybe finding a deep meaning in your life that you know will overcome your death or etc. If your fear of death is simply what is holding you to life... then until you can find another reason to continue leaving, I hope you continue to fear death... because in the end, life is the only thing that truly matters. ... and you matter!

As far as other things you can try:
    - therapy
    - medications
    - essential oils (aroma therapy)
    - lucid dreaming
    - relaxation techniques
    - excercising
    - change your diet (many foods affect our moods)
    - distraction techniques (anything that you enjoy and that enables to place your full focus on it for a bit without your mind wandering onto other things)
    - art (drawing, painting, music, writing stories or journals or poems, etc)
    - walking / running / riding horse
    - sports
    - hobbies

these are just things off the top of my head, perhaps one will work, don't know

4. LilacTree

LilacTree Member

Hello, thanks for the answers, usually I'm not afraid of death, is just because I was planning to go through it this week but I thought so much about it that I started to lose the courage again, my issue is that I already tried all these things and I don't want to try anything anymore, I just want to finish this, I really don't want to live, I don't know if I'm expecting that life could be good for someone messy like me, I already lost the hope because I'm tired of trying to change and fix things that other people can do normally, I can find things to distract myself, but I still have to live and I can't do this, I can't stand things the way they are and I don't know how to change them anymore, I passed all life trying to change/fix these things because I can't live with them like this, I don't want to anymore, I would only like to have a way to die that's not going to disturb other people, I couldn't think about anything yet...

5. scaryforest

scaryforest Banned Member

hi, i think the ultimate thing here is to overcome challenges. i mean, you asked 'what is left'. overcoming challenges.
    dawn gives useful ideas here. small things but any mood raiser is a virtue and gives inner strength.
    it's painful to know you're struggling

6. LilacTree

LilacTree Member

There's anything left, I'm simply resufe to keep trying to overcome challenges to live this pathetic life, it seems like it's only a struggle until you die, so I prefer jumping the living part and killing myself now, sorry for acting like this, I shouldn't be saying anything the way I'm feeling now, I'll just try to kill myself now, I'll probably fail because there's only four floors so I'm not even going to say bye or anything.

I'm feeling like a b****, I'm sorry

7. scaryforest

scaryforest Banned Member

that seems like a challenge in itself here- dying.
    don't feel sorry for feeling this way, hold on in there

8. LilacTree

LilacTree Member

I'm very sorry for this :redface:

Thank you, you're right

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.