Could you live without your cell phone?

Discussion in 'The Coffee House' started by boo, Dec 17, 2009.

?

Could you live without your cell phone?

1. Absolutely! I've done so in the past, so I can definitely do without it all over again.

31 vote(s)
    40.3%
  2. No way! This is my main point of contact and I feel naked without it.

23 vote(s)
    29.9%
  3. I don't own no stinkin' cell phone, never have and never will!

7 vote(s)
    9.1%
  4. Maybe. It really depends.

16 vote(s)
    20.8%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. boo

boo Well-Known Member

Could you live without your cell phone? Why or why not?

2. Little_me

Little_me Well-Known Member

I haven't charged mine in two weeks o_O

3. TWF

TWF Well-Known Member

No. MSN when I'm feeling lonely is integral, and I also need the time when I'm walking on the street, and even though I don't have friends I do get update texts from old acquaintances believe it or not, which always make my day. Lol, loser.

4. Rayne

Rayne Well-Known Member

Right now, no. Its the easiest way for me to stay in contact with my boyfriend.

In two years time, though, I could happily live without it.

5. bubblin girl

bubblin girl Well-Known Member

yes i can...couse i can talk by msg,take photo& video by web cam & IPod,songs in my IPod & mp3, so other uses of cell...cell phone is just for emergency or you are far from contact...the net for chat all over the place where i live..at home at college...it just depend where do you live and your life style...for me i dont realy use it alot.

6. cult logic

cult logic Staff Alumni

I haven't had mine for a year.

Getting a new one at Christmas, though.

7. aoeu

aoeu Well-Known Member

No. I generally despise phones, but it's really hard to live without one (I don't have a landline either). Further, the texting feature of cell phones is really convenient when you're out and get lost - you just text Elizabeth and she'll tell you where you're going and how to get there!

8. will_1957

will_1957 Well-Known Member

Yes, I could. I have absolutely no use for it whatsoever. I keep it in case of emergencies and only buy minutes when I need them. If I even remember to bring it with me when I go places, I leave it off all the time because there really isn't any one that would be calling me. It's the cheapest ass phone that you can buy and I really don't care to own one of those fancy new-fangled things everyone has nowadays.

9. bluegrey

bluegrey Antiquities Friend

I've grown too accustomed to mine. It's a Tracfone because I'm poor and a loser :tongue:. My pile 'o crud car once stranded me miles from civilization and I had to run several miles in boots in sub-freezing weather until I reached a firehouse. Knock, knock "Duuuh, hey you got a phone in there I can use, duuuh"!

Never again.

10. nolonger

nolonger Well-Known Member

I can. I haven't charged my crappy little samsung for ages, not that I actually call anyone anyway. And I don't usually have it on me so what's the point? :I

11. aoeu

aoeu Well-Known Member

How many of you who say you can live without it have access to a phone otherwise, just wondering?

12. nolonger

nolonger Well-Known Member

Oh I have access to a landline but I never answer it, the others do lol. I only ever use it to make a call to this one mate.

13. cult logic

cult logic Staff Alumni

Yeah I have access to landlines as well as a phone that I take when necessary(trac).

Only getting a new cell because I figure it's time I got my own plan.

14. Chargette

Chargette Well-Known Member

I use mine for long distance, the free mobile to mobile with family, and when I'm away from the house because I have an old clunker that likes to surprise me.

15. Confusticated

Confusticated Well-Known Member

It depends. When I'm with my girlfriend, I don't need a phone, landline or mobile, or the internet to contact anyone else or have them contact me. Otherwise, nope, I need it to talk to her.

16. 1izombie

1izombie Well-Known Member

My cell phone is the only phone I have... I dont have a land line so is my cell phone or wait until i can communicate thru esp

17. I need help

I need help Well-Known Member

No!
    I ruined 2 phones by dropping them to the tub (oops lol) so now I'm paranoid about getting my current phone even a little wet!!! I'd be lost without my phone!
    I have access to an onther phone (home phone) but some people just call me on my cell..and what if they think I'm just ignoring them? and I (obviously) wont even know about it......(I'm totally paranoid!!)

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 18, 2009
  18. Disappear

Disappear Well-Known Member

Yes I could. Because I don't have many who contact me through it. It's kind of depressing TO have one lol...

19. betteroffunknown

betteroffunknown Well-Known Member

i don't have a landline anymore and i wouldn't care if i didn't have a phone all together. i'm not lost without one or whatever i just need my numbers that does help.

20. resistance

resistance Staff Alumni

Nope, I couldn't. When I went to London earlier this year, as I got off the train I was looking for my phone and couldn't find it. Looked through the train window and I saw it on the seat!!! It was absolutely DEVESTATING seeing my phone leave and I didn't get it back. When I met Robin I was almost in tears. :laugh:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.