Could you live without your cell phone?

Discussion in 'The Coffee House' started by boo, Dec 17, 2009.

Could you live without your cell phone?

1. Absolutely! I've done so in the past, so I can definitely do without it all over again.

31 vote(s)
  2. No way! This is my main point of contact and I feel naked without it.

23 vote(s)
  3. I don't own no stinkin' cell phone, never have and never will!

7 vote(s)
  4. Maybe. It really depends.

16 vote(s)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. boo

boo Well-Known Member

Could you live without your cell phone? Why or why not?
  2. Little_me

Little_me Well-Known Member

I haven't charged mine in two weeks o_O
  3. TWF

TWF Well-Known Member

No. MSN when I'm feeling lonely is integral, and I also need the time when I'm walking on the street, and even though I don't have friends I do get update texts from old acquaintances believe it or not, which always make my day. Lol, loser.
  4. Rayne

Rayne Well-Known Member

Right now, no. Its the easiest way for me to stay in contact with my boyfriend.

In two years time, though, I could happily live without it.
  5. bubblin girl

bubblin girl Well-Known Member

yes i can...couse i can talk by msg,take photo& video by web cam & IPod,songs in my IPod & mp3, so other uses of cell...cell phone is just for emergency or you are far from contact...the net for chat all over the place where i home at just depend where do you live and your life style...for me i dont realy use it alot.
  6. cult logic

cult logic Staff Alumni

I haven't had mine for a year.

Getting a new one at Christmas, though.
  7. aoeu

aoeu Well-Known Member

No. I generally despise phones, but it's really hard to live without one (I don't have a landline either). Further, the texting feature of cell phones is really convenient when you're out and get lost - you just text Elizabeth and she'll tell you where you're going and how to get there!
  8. will_1957

will_1957 Well-Known Member

Yes, I could. I have absolutely no use for it whatsoever. I keep it in case of emergencies and only buy minutes when I need them. If I even remember to bring it with me when I go places, I leave it off all the time because there really isn't any one that would be calling me. It's the cheapest ass phone that you can buy and I really don't care to own one of those fancy new-fangled things everyone has nowadays.
  9. bluegrey

bluegrey Antiquities Friend

I've grown too accustomed to mine. It's a Tracfone because I'm poor and a loser :tongue:. My pile 'o crud car once stranded me miles from civilization and I had to run several miles in boots in sub-freezing weather until I reached a firehouse. Knock, knock "Duuuh, hey you got a phone in there I can use, duuuh"!

Never again.
  10. nolonger

nolonger Well-Known Member

I can. I haven't charged my crappy little samsung for ages, not that I actually call anyone anyway. And I don't usually have it on me so what's the point? :I
  11. aoeu

aoeu Well-Known Member

How many of you who say you can live without it have access to a phone otherwise, just wondering?
  12. nolonger

nolonger Well-Known Member

Oh I have access to a landline but I never answer it, the others do lol. I only ever use it to make a call to this one mate.
  13. cult logic

cult logic Staff Alumni

Yeah I have access to landlines as well as a phone that I take when necessary(trac).

Only getting a new cell because I figure it's time I got my own plan.
  14. Chargette

Chargette Well-Known Member

I use mine for long distance, the free mobile to mobile with family, and when I'm away from the house because I have an old clunker that likes to surprise me.
  15. Confusticated

Confusticated Well-Known Member

It depends. When I'm with my girlfriend, I don't need a phone, landline or mobile, or the internet to contact anyone else or have them contact me. Otherwise, nope, I need it to talk to her.
  16. 1izombie

1izombie Well-Known Member

My cell phone is the only phone I have... I dont have a land line so is my cell phone or wait until i can communicate thru esp
  17. I need help

I need help Well-Known Member

I ruined 2 phones by dropping them to the tub (oops lol) so now I'm paranoid about getting my current phone even a little wet!!! I'd be lost without my phone!
    I have access to an onther phone (home phone) but some people just call me on my cell..and what if they think I'm just ignoring them? and I (obviously) wont even know about it......(I'm totally paranoid!!)
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 18, 2009
  18. Disappear

Disappear Well-Known Member

Yes I could. Because I don't have many who contact me through it. It's kind of depressing TO have one lol...
  19. betteroffunknown

betteroffunknown Well-Known Member

i don't have a landline anymore and i wouldn't care if i didn't have a phone all together. i'm not lost without one or whatever i just need my numbers that does help.
  20. resistance

resistance Staff Alumni

Nope, I couldn't. When I went to London earlier this year, as I got off the train I was looking for my phone and couldn't find it. Looked through the train window and I saw it on the seat!!! It was absolutely DEVESTATING seeing my phone leave and I didn't get it back. When I met Robin I was almost in tears. :laugh:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.