Couldn't do it

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Xenta, Jun 29, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Xenta

Xenta Well-Known Member

I just couldn't do it, these last three weeks have been going so well. This morning was a low for me, and I don't know why. Why do I feel this way? I have been on the college honor list for the last three semesters, 3.9/4 GPA, and yet none of these things matter to me. I tried to tell my family, and they all think I am joking, or I hear "How could you even think about doing that to me" I am 20 years old and have been like this for over 5 years, on and off. Maybe I should just end it.

I really don't know why I typed this.

2. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

I am sorry to hear your family is not more understanding. Depression and the thoughts that accompany it are not just something you :do: to someone. It is not like you choose to feel this way. Have you sought medical attention for your feelings? There may be something you can do to help alter them. Please explore as many options as you can. Ending things should be the last option available and really, there are always other options. I am glad you posted and shared with us how you are feeling. Congratulations on your success in college and welcome to the forum. Take care. :hug:

3. Anime-Zodiac

Anime-Zodiac Well-Known Member

You sound confused. Things won't be straight sailing, there will be curves and rough spots. You have to ride these uncertain times out and not forget the positives.

4. mike25

mike25 Well-Known Member

You typed it because you want confirmation of that which you already know.
    Take a year out from college, and do your own thing.

5. onenineteen

onenineteen Antiquities Friend

That's what I was thinking; you've been successful in your major-- Is that what you want?

6. Xenta

Xenta Well-Known Member

Thank you all for your replies. Sorry if my post was confusing, I made it right after I had stopped my self this morning. I have been attending college for the last 4 years, 2 for my current major, and I should be graduating this spring with my associates. I used to love what I do, but now its more of a burden. I feel like I missed out on so much, working so hard to get where I am now, I have never had a gf, and don't have many friends. I used to work, then I had to quit due to sickness, after that class work became most of my life. I guess I just feel like theirs no why for me to ever catch up in life. And this morning it all just sort of hit me again. And being on my parents insurance, I can't go see someone since they don't believe any thing is wrong.

7. Insignificant

Insignificant Account Closed

i totally believe you took care of what was most important first and that is your college education. my biggest congrats on doing so well in college, and getting through it. that is totally awesome i wish i had. if you're not planning on being in college this next year then i would encourage to get out there and begin to really live life. what i mean is get out there persuing different avenues that could lead you to a great relationship with a young lady.
    if you're having trouble getting in to see someone maybe i could suggest for you to continue to share here. we will support you the best we can. please take care

btw :welcome: to the forum

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.