Counseling advice please

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by TaraB3ar, May 13, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TaraB3ar

TaraB3ar Well-Known Member

I really want to talk to a counselor because there are things I dont feel like I have anyone i can talk to about. But i dont have money to afford a therapist or anything. I know that at my college they do offer counseling but I think its for crisis situations not just every day long term things. Has anyone taken advantage of their schools counseling? and if so, how did it go? Or does anyone know of any place I can go that is relatively cheap? Thanks for any advice :)
  2. lachrymose27

lachrymose27 Well-Known Member

I went to school counseling and its been a good experience. if they think that you need any, they will prescribe you the appropriate medication. you really should be taking advantage of the services that the school offers
  3. Madam Mim

Madam Mim Well-Known Member

Hi Tara,

I'm in the UK, so it's all very different anyway, but I've been going to counselling through my university for seven months now. Like at your college, it's meant to be a short-term thing, running for a maximum of six sessions, but as I say, I've been going for seven months!

You should definitely ask about the service your college provides, because even if they are unable to help long-term they have a duty to ensure that you get the help you need, so they can refer you on if necessary.

Good luck.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.