Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Keiran, May 14, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Keiran

Keiran Well-Known Member

So I have two brothers. One is nothing alike me, almost the complete opposite, and the other is said to be just like me. Well, he is a junior in college, and I barely even see him anymore. But, the other day he came home. We ate and then I went upstairs and he was talking to my mom for hours. I didn't know how they were talking for so long.

Anyways, my mom told me what they had been talking about. Apparently she had told him he had been having some issues and ended up seeing a counselor and getting prescribed antidepressants. So my mom wanted to do the same for me. She got right on it. My appointment is tomorrow. This just happened like 2 days ago and yet I'm already about to go. I'm just like forced into all of this.

It pains me just thinking about it. I don't want to go. I'm going to hate it. I know others who have done it too, and they say it is awful.

After work tomorrow I have to go straight there...tomorrow's gonna be a looong day.
  2. MoAnamCara

MoAnamCara SF Artist

I know its hard, but try to go in with an open mind. Just because others say it was awful, doesn't mean it really is.

When I first went I was scared out of my mind... honestly didn't want to be there but deep down I knew I needed helped.

It has taken many months for me to become comfortable with this and the person, don't rush it and don't write it off straight away.

I'm sorry you feel like you've been pushed into this, thats never a good feeling.

But why not try it and just see and sure you can always stop then in a while too if its definitely not for you.
  3. Keiran

Keiran Well-Known Member

Yeah and through my mom's work we get like two free sessions, after that we have to pay. So I figure that means my mom's gonna make me do the second session too before we decide on anything.
  4. MoAnamCara

MoAnamCara SF Artist

Well are you going to talk on your own or will your Mum be there all the time? I think you'll be given the choice to talk on your own too.

Good luck, it'll all be over before you know it and then you can decide if its something you wish to continue with. Its hard, and it takes a while as I said to get comfy with the counsellor.
  5. Keiran

Keiran Well-Known Member

I don't know if she will be in the room all the time or not.

Guess I'll find out later today.
  6. peacelovingguy

peacelovingguy Well-Known Member

Don't worry about it - its painless and no torture instruments are used like the old days in which you were 'counselled' hanging off some chains off the wall.

You should talk to your brother - ask him how its been for him. If he is still doing his education maybe it helped him.

IF you are feeling depressed, its worth having a go at anything really - because leaving ourselves to feel down is not fair on us or those around us.

Good luck - go to your session and don't worry about it.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.