Counselors? Yeah, right.

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by Crisoul, Nov 15, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Crisoul

Crisoul New Member

I'm a freshman in high school. And I hate it.

You know why? Because school is too hard because I'm in these extra hard honor classes. I don't have friends. I can't MAKE friends. I can't even talk to my parents about it because I don't feel like I'm in good terms with them.

Yes, I know it's the classic teenager with depression problem, but you gotta hear me out. Everyday I wake up in the morning dreading how the day goes. Everyday my body aches for comfort, energy, and liveliness, which I don't have! I just want to feel okay in the world and not be sad and mopey.

And...it's either that or suicide. Which will help me discover what really happens to us after we die. Well, maybe that's better than living right now.

2. Spearmint

Spearmint Well-Known Member

Hm, I empathize..And I assume you don't want to go to a counselor, judging by the title, but a counselor might be helpful, perhaps? I do honestly understand all of those problems, feel free to PM me if you ever want to talk. :hug:

3. lemonyjuice

lemonyjuice Member

I can relate. I felt that way during Jr. High, not in high school or university so much, but I did in Jr. High. I tried to get help from people and was just told it was a "regular teenager" thing. Honestly, don't let anyone ever tell you that. The kids around me didn't feel or act the way I did and even if depression is common among teenagers, it's not a reason to not take it seriously. I mean, if an athlete broke his leg the doctor wouldn't just say, "Oh, that's an athlete thing, lots of athletes get injuries." You still have to treat the injury!

As far as counsellors go, I have found some are helpful, some aren't.

4. SoulRiser

SoulRiser Well-Known Member

Maybe you should consider dropping those classes and taking easier ones. The only purpose those really hard classes serve is to impress people, which usually isn't worth the effort. People who are impressed by things like that ... well... don't get me started :p

That really sucks :/ Well, would writing them a letter work? What's the worst that could happen?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.