Counting time between overdoses

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by blackskies, Nov 6, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. blackskies

blackskies Member

Counting the gap between overdosing.

Counting the gap between overdoses has become a real problem, as when I count my mind expects the action again in the same amount of time gap repeated.

I have overdosed 3 times this year the last 2 being classed as life threatening. Last one being two months ago was in resus for 4 hours and then one to one nursing in ICU.

I can't get out of my head that's it's been two months again, thoughts that I have to do the same again that 'it's due'.
    This is on top of sudden and general urges to overdose. That whatever is going on any more than X amount of months is too much and not good enough. I don’t how to get past this and really finding it hard to.

2 months is the current time frame but if kept this up people say I won't make the new year.

When I overdose like that it's a gamble let nature choose type thinking. It's now 2 months I feel such guilt for not having done anything yet.
  2. StevenSiew

StevenSiew Well-Known Member

How bad is your situvation? What is your primary objective when you desire to OD?
  3. Juliaa

Juliaa Well-Known Member

I understand, I overdose far too many times as well.

But you can do it, you can fight the urges to overdose. And you can most definitely make it to the new years, and far beyond that :hug:
  4. blackskies

blackskies Member

I'm currently on daily prescriptions and have been since my last O/D. And now my thoughts are looking to other sources.
    When I overdose I feel like I don't want to live or die so gamble with an overdose for either- let nature decide. During this time I still self-harm needing attention in A/E.

I'm finding it really hard to tell myself a gap of 4 to 6 months is still often enough for something so dangerous. But can't get it out of my head that I should be gambling with my life that often.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.