Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by Sa Palomera, May 8, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sa Palomera

Sa Palomera Well-Known Member

As some may know I have had a big issue with alcohol in the past, as in .. addiction blabla.. I managed to quit drinking for a whole three months 2 years ago and I plan on making it longer this time.

I have tried so often but I'm so determined I'm sure I'll make it work at some point. I'm trying again.

I started yesterday.. Friday May 7th. and so now I'm on day 2.
    Let's see how far I can make it this time. I hope at least till summer and that I can do with an occassional drink by then and actually keep it to 'an occasional drink' instead of a daily drink.

Tonight will be a big challenge as I'm going out with the guys and one of them is a major alcoholic and I've NEVER managed NOT to drink when I'm around him.. so.. yeah. wish me luck!

2. TheOncomingStorm

TheOncomingStorm Well-Known Member

You can do it Ester! :hug:
  3. Jehuty

Jehuty Senior Member

Tonight will be a good challange for you to not drink.
    If you don't drink you'll feel proud tomorrow when you wake up and I'm sure most of us here would be very proud on you too.
    So when you are thinking about getting a drink tonight, think of us. :hug:
  4. cloud9

cloud9 Well-Known Member

You can do it! *hug
  5. IV2010

IV2010 Well-Known Member

stay strong'll do it....:hug::flowers:
  6. RightOverThisMess

RightOverThisMess Active Member

Good luck to you! Congrats on your 2 days of sobriety. As a recovering alcoholic who has been sober for nearly 4 years, I know how hard it is at the very beginning. I hope you stay strong while you're out tonight!
  7. Sa Palomera

so erhm.. Yeah when I arrived at my mate's place I saw he had a bottle of rum.. :sad:

I only had one glass of rum n coke though. Which is quite an achievement for me, cos I wanted to down the entire bottle..

But, eventhough it's just one glass, it's still alcohol. :sad: So now I feel shit about myself.. Although I do try to think "only one glass" etc. etc..
  8. Jehuty

Jehuty Senior Member

One glass isn't much of a problem I think, you did your best so I'm proud on you. :hug:
  9. Vitreledonellidae

Vitreledonellidae Well-Known Member

het kutje niet zo hard tegen jezelf, je hoeft niet compleet te stoppen met alcohol, 1 glas op een zaterdagavond mag zeker, ik heb de neiging en jij volgens mij ook, om dan de fles leeg te drinken. Ik ben iig heel trots op je, ik zou ook wat aan mijn alcoholgebruik moeten doen, maar ik doe het niet. Dus je mag zeer zeker wel tevreden zijn!
  10. plates

plates Well-Known Member

do you see a therapist ester?

what you're going through reminds me of my struggles when i used to try and stop binge/purging. i found that the less pressure i put on myself to stop, the easier it was to let go, and understand that if i slipped up once, doesn't mean lets say a week of binge/purging. also, i had to stay away from people who were actively ED'ing or had drug dependency issues.

you sound like you're going through a lot, and alcohol is a way for you to cope with difficult feelings, cos wanting to down a whole bottle sounds like you're struggling loads. :hug:
  11. xXxRNBxXx

xXxRNBxXx Senior member

Ester im sooooooo proud of you.

You have done fantastic hun you really have dont think you have done bad by having one glass.

Keep up the great work babe xXx Love you xXx
  12. Concave

Concave Active Member

One drink is quite a feat when there is a whole bottle in front of you! I recently had to stop smoking pot for probation and my drinking has increased 10 fold. But I've been working on it... oh man is it tough.
  13. Sa Palomera

Thanks all for the kind words, I guess y'all are right. Maybe I am putting too much pressure on myself. I mean i really do want to quit completely at least till summer, and hopefully then I can manage with a few drinks when going out or when out on a terrass or something, but until then I want to quit completely. But if I do slip up, I guess it happens. As long as a slip-up is just a glass and not a slip-up of getting totally hammered...

Concave, I know where you're at. I used to drink and smoke pot quite a bit. I quit smoking pot not too long ago (Maybe 1 or 2 months ago now??), and my drinking has increased since. It's ridiculous.
    The drinking just really got out of control after I quit smoking pot, hence why I really need to put a stop to it. I know I can do it, as I've quit both at the same time before and managed to last a few months then. I just need to be careful, because back then, food and sports became an obsession to me. it's like I'm replacing one addiction with another. Like I have to have some sort of addiction in my life. But then again, I guess sports and food are better addictions then alcohol and drugs..

I know it's in my head this time (last time I quit drinking, the drinking actually was a physical addiction as well as mental addiction, because I got really sick when I quit drinking back then.. :sad: ), because as soon as I told myself I was gonna quit drinking, I felt the need for cigarettes again, which is another addiction I just recently got over (apart from one party night where I got so drunk I didn't even realise I was smoking cigs lol )

Anyway I'm blabbing.

I'm gonna try and beat my smoking, smoking pot and drinking addictions. Let's see how far we get. Doing well with the smoking pot so far.
    (Mind you, an occassional 'space cake', like once every few months is allowed in my eyes). And apart from that one night few weekends back, I'm doing great with the smoking too!
    Now the drinking.. I can do it!
  14. Sa Palomera

okay, so I think the one glass on saturday isn't bad, so I'll just count that day as not drinking either, as it was only one glass.

so that means, I'm at 6. today being day 7.
    A mate is coming over later, and he's bringing beer, we'll see how that goes. I dont'think it'll give any problems though :smile:

15. xXxRNBxXx

xXxRNBxXx Senior member

Good Luck hunny i hope you manage ok... love you and thinking of you xxx
  16. Sa Palomera

I had one beer tonight. I want so much more. I want to get hammered. :cry:
  17. cloud9

cloud9 Well-Known Member

Hey keep it up Clogwoman!
    You're doing great!
    Its not like you're never getting the chance to enjoy alcohol, but just more moderately.
    You're amazing! Keep it up!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.