Courage, Confidence? Whats the difference?

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by Jagroen, Mar 27, 2013.

1. Jagroen

Jagroen Well-Known Member

After everything ive been through ive finally realise that my life was only meant to just to experience a little bit of everything

I got to be a child, teenager and start of being a adult, and to be honest i dont like the adult life...i dont want to be here for the rest of my life to work, pay bills and deal with all this bullshit in this world

My councellor and all my friends tell me things will get better, yea they will for like a few things then ill start to get upset and things will go bad and it gets worse, its just a endless cycle

my confidence or courage if you want to call it is perfectly fine being so low...if it was high, i would have a hard time jumping the bridge i walk by every day going to and from work...

Im just sick of everything and dont want to continue...as a young adult, everyone frowns at me for being emotional and not being the typical 22 year old drinking and getting laid...its not me...or at least ive told myself i dont want to do those 1 night stands...

whats the point if i have to experience all this for the rest of my life....im unhappy now...why would i want to keep going??!?!?!

Does anyone else ever feel so upset or confused that the anger that builds up just disappears into thin air?

2. Butterfly

Butterfly Pokémon Master Staff Alumni SF Author SF Supporter

I think it's nice and rather mature that you don't want to go out drinking and getting laid. I am 22 myself and I very rarely go out drinking and I certainly don't go out getting laid (I am in a 6 year relationship, but that behaviour doesn't appeal to me). I know as a woman, it's a quality I would look for in a guy, as a friend or something more. So don't beat yourself up for not following the crowd, it's good to be unique and different.

Are there any hobbies you like doing? Sometimes when you get depressed, you get stuck in a rut and you feel like nothing could ever excite you anymore. But start doing little things, start up any hobbies you've been putting off and slowly, you will begin to find a sense of purpose. It is a slow process though, however, and if you have the patience you will eventually reap the rewards.

We can't change the world and we can't change it's people, but we can change our own actions, life style and choices to make it a better world for ourselves.

3. Jagroen

Jagroen Well-Known Member

yeah, ive been going to work then coming home and playing video games and if i get bored i end up sleeping...
    i really dont know who i am anymore and its starting to get to me more and more...the more i try to get out, more and more people tell me to go out and drink but the peer pressure starting to wear off BUT i still havent had anything close to a relationship IN 5 years...i dont know if its i dont trust anyone or if its i come across weird or worse....