Court Date

Courage

I wasn't sure where to post this. My ex boyfriend court date is October 8th. I'm pretty nervous being in the same room with him. I will be testifying. That's scary to think about. But I'm going to to do it.

Brân

i don't like me either
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
Hi Angel, I dont know the full situation, but that does indeed sound scary - but also very important. I'm glad you're feeling determined. Stay strong and we're here if you need us!

Very best wishes and prayers for you! Remember to reward yourself afterwards in some way, something you don't normally do for yourself - a bouquet of flowers, a piece of chocolate cheesecake, a dinner out with friends.

Shush

I know testifying is scary, hopefully you have some support through it. If there is a victim support program in your area, talk to your worker.
There will be other people in the courtroom and your ex will not be able to approach you or talk to you at court. If he is not currently in jail, speak to someone involved in your case (victim support worker, detective, lawyer) about your fears. Maybe they can arrange to have extra support and/or security for you. At least a safe space to wait outside the courtroom when you are not testifying. And if you can, try to bring a trusted friend or family member with you for support.
Best of luck and sending you hugs.

Acy

Mama Bear - TLC, Common Sense
Admin
SF Supporter
Hi @Angel2019 - good for you for being so brave! Where I live, the accused person is behind a glass wall, so you see them, but there’s no way there is any contact. @Shush is right about seeing if you have some kind of Victim Support service. We have those here, and there is usually someone who will sit in court with the victim(s) and help them through it. Keep posting while you wait for the court date and let us know how things go. *hug

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$145.00
Goal
$255.00