cover up/ makeup?

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by alison, Mar 1, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. alison

alison Well-Known Member

Hey guys. So I used to burn myself, but have been trying stop (haven't done it in two weeks today :smile: ). Anyways, I've burned myself by mistake a couple times with the method I later used to intentionally hurt myself, and it healed within a week or so, so when I was burning I thought it would be i guess a 'less severe form of SH'... i don't know if that makes sense. And while I was burning myself I just didn't realize that the burns that were old weren't going away at all (i was probably giving myself worse burns)... honestly, at the time I didn't care.

I know there's a sticked thread about longterm techniques of making scars and stuff go away, but I was wondering if anyone had any short term cover up techniques? I've tried foundation and concealer and stuff I just had lying around my room, and it's dimmed them but you can totally still see that they are there.

It's not a huge problem since it's the middle of winter, but I want to go to this formal coming up... but I don't know if I can.

thanks! and sorry if this is talked about in other threads, I gave it a quick look around and didn't find anything... but i'm not always the most observant person :tongue:

2. danni

danni Chat Buddy

hmm u can use make depending on where it is. You can probably use a base to cover it up. I hope that helps :hug:

3. alison

alison Well-Known Member

oh sorry, i forgot to say where it is. it's on the underside of my arm, starting a couple inches from my wrist going up to my elbow.

thanks for the help :)

4. danni

danni Chat Buddy

no problem hun yea you can use base to cover it up

5. Spearmint

Spearmint Well-Known Member

You could always get like...long gloves for the formal. :dunno:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.