CPA Care Co-ordinator.

Status
Not open for further replies.

stinkymouse

Since i attempted to kill myself in Feburary ive been given a CPA Care Co-ordinator.
He comes over once a week,and accompanies me to see my Psychiatrist etc..But i dont want him coming over and talking about my medication,and getting me to go out and join MIND,and start voluntary work,or go to college ect....Do i have to have him,can i not have a CPA,id rather be left along,he causes more anxiety,and i dont want him to come with me when i see the Psychiatrist either...if i ring them up and say i dont want a CPA,what would happen?

Stranger1

Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend
Without knowing how your laws work from where you live, it is hard to say what they can do. I'm pretty sure that if you are suicidal you need to have some kind of care. If you lived here in Florida you would start out in a local phsyc facility. They would evaluate your state of mind. More than likeley they will start you on meds. When they think they are working if you went in voluntarrily they would reevaluate you and make there decision from there. If you were Baker Acted you would have to go in front of a judge, and he would evaluate you. Then he will let you go or if you haven't changed he could send you to the State phsyc hospital. I hope this helps a little...:chopper:

can you not just say to the care coordinator that you don't want to work wth him/her anymore? eventually people *do* get better, and begin to disengage from their services, right? if you aren't feeling better but want to disengage it will be a harder conversation to have.

me, i was assigned a community psych nurse after my attempt. i've been down this road before with her. i was down to seeing her once a month, and then i relapsed. we're back to check in's once a week, but usually by phone instead of seeing her.

maybe that would help? move to a weekly phone check-in. but if you don't want to see them at all it is your right. after all, they are working to help you, and if it's not helping then don't do it.

let me know what you decide?

Is that you don't want any CPA care person or you don't jive with this one?
I think it would be important that if you have to have someone it is someone that you trust and like.

Peace
Mary

stinkymouse

Is that you don't want any CPA care person or you don't jive with this one?
I think it would be important that if you have to have someone it is someone that you trust and like.

Peace
Mary
I just dont want one period!!! There dont help me,only cause me more anxiety!!!

stinkymouse

Would you mind explaining what a CPA is and why someone would have to have one?
Well sir,its a qualified mental health nurse,or care worker,who comes to peoples homes after they have been released from hospital,who check to see if you are still ok,and your mental health has not gone downhill,and help in anyway they can........just doesnt help me,i get very anxious just before hes due to come,and i worry hes going to want be back in hospital,he checks on my medication,that ive been taking it,they do a good job,but id rather not have one,i just want to be left alone....

Last edited by a moderator:

Stranger1

Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend
You might not have the right to do without one. You sound like you are holding in alot of anger. No one wants somebody looking over there shoulder. Maybe you can ask for a new therapist so you can start out fresh. They are only there to make sure your not hurting yourself.
Ask the doctor on your next visit. See if he agrees with you that you don't want the therapist. It after all is going to be up to him to make the decisions when it comes to your care.Good luck...:chopper:

stinkymouse

Ive just rang up and said i dont want one anymore,cause it was causeing more problems and anxiety and was told i could end up back in hospital if i dont,have some nurse seeing me...............Grrrrrrrrrrrrr know im really anxiety,plus worrired ive upset him,and hes going to be mad at me.

nah, he's a professional, he won't be angry at you. believe me, i've been through many of the same things with the nurse that is assigned to me. disengaging is part of the process of getting well. when you see him next why don't you read out some of what you've written here. how his visits cause you greater anxiety and stress you out. perhaps he can adapt how he works with you and together you can come up with something better. his job is to help you, plain and simple. you do have a say in this. much as you don't like the idea of a support group, other consumers can give you ideas on how to extract yourself from such close supervision. please don't give up, c.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$145.00
Goal
$255.00