Craveings

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by sd-239192, Apr 25, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sd-239192

sd-239192 Well-Known Member

four months, twelve days, and seventeen hours... that's how long it has been since i cut last... and i am still craving, to the point where it physically hurts. i still think about it a lot, unless I'm with my girlfriend in which case i might be trying to keep her from cutting. i still carry my razors, I'm not sure why though, i know i shouldn't so i don't get tempted but its habit at this point. and the dreams are not subsiding yet... even daydreaming about shredding myself... i know i cant go back to it, but its very tempting... so here i am trying to talk although its not helping... so.. what to do now?

2. serena

serena Well-Known Member

i just talked to you in the chatroom but just keep expressing yourself verbally and distracting yourself when the urges become to much. this is how i made it two years until i slipped up from not taking care of my bodies needs- sleep, avoiding mood altering substances, etc. Take care of yourself it makes a big difference. Exercise, eat at proper times, get enough sleep, and do at least one thing everyday that makes you happy. for this second i would say play some games, watch something non-triggering, go to sleep/or nap, or got out anywhere for a bit. and listen to music! see if you can try removing the razors from your everyday life that's part of the temptation. just tell yourself you'll do it for one week, or even one day and see how it goes. good luck with everything and hope this helps a little. i don't want to be a hypocrite but i just wanted to give you feedback because i learned from my mistakes today.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.