craving something exciting all the time

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by TooShyToScream, May 13, 2011.

1. TooShyToScream

TooShyToScream Well-Known Member

I feel so restless, upset, bored when my life isn't filled with things to do, people to love and comfort me, etc. I have my fiance to love me but he's not always around. And even when he is around, I always want MORE!!! He gives me more than enough love and attention and it's still not good enough. Nothing's ever good enough unless it's new and exciting. But everything eventually gets boring. Sometimes I get thoughts of leaving my relationship over nothing just because it will temporarily relieve boredom. But I hold back because he treats me so well and I know I'd want him back. Nobody else would tolerate me like he does. I have it so good with him. I'm sick of these cravings. I can't even stay still and just relax, it makes me go absolutely nuts if I'm not busy doing something. What is this? Is there medication for this?
  2. oval

oval Well-Known Member

im sorry i dont have any advice to offer, i just want to say that i feel the same way
  3. TooShyToScream

Well at least it's not just me I guess.
  4. NoMoneyToPlease

NoMoneyToPlease Banned Member

Feel the moment,instead of thinking about what you want,if you cannot be satisfied in the present sense,then you will always be looking forward to something obscure and unattainable.

Wanting an inclination of the mind can drive one to become numb to the reality of moment.

Expectations,fantasies,cravings,they must all be surrendered if you wish to experience true fullness.

what is happening in ten minutes?Is it happening on the other side of the fence?

Learn to enjoy "boredom" as you call it.
    Experience the stillness of now.
    You are not obliged to constantly entertain yourself....and neither is anyone else for that matter.
    Get to know yourself again.
  5. TooShyToScream

I went to make impulsive buys to get rid of the boredom...

And the worst part is, I'm still not happy. It's still not good enough. I don't know what to do. I want to die.
  6. NoMoneyToPlease

NoMoneyToPlease Banned Member

You don't need to die. :)

You're a good person,not a killer or any other kind of criminal. :)

Why should the world have one less you? That's hardly fair.
  7. TooShyToScream

That may your definition of a good person but mine has a lot more criteria to it which even I don't fit into :/