Crazy because I believe in God????!!!

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by PuraVida22, Aug 23, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PuraVida22

PuraVida22 Member

I've heard that many times!!! Born here of a fairly conservative Christian mother and an atheist father....

I always wanted to go with my mother's point but hey....... You think about what your parents say, right?

So I also spent many years being hateful and against God, like my father told me..... and at this point, I won't say anything about religious realms other than that I definitely believe in the "otherworld."

OK, I admit it... I definitely believe in God and have tried to follow this moral way for many years............

So what happens if you're like me? Your mother tells you to be good and that God is good but your father tells you that God is horrible? What do you do?

Well... You do what I do..... I mostly side with my mother. It takes a lot of negative energy in this world, if you are over 20, to side with the "against God" viewpoint. But wait--- What if I shouldn't capitalize "God?" No problem, my friends....

For you can still believe in God, or god, BEFORE they attain capitalization in your life! That's right! For only $9.95, you too can believe in god, or God, or even gods if you want! Amazing!

Even if I made a typographical error which influenced you to spend all of your money on Satan!!

Yes!! It's true! You can question your ideas and still want to believe in God (or god, or gods)...... Yay.....

Ok.... what else should I type now... ??

:biggrin:

.... But in any regard....... No matter your religion...................... See the Sun shine bright and see the good in your life; That is enough for me to believe in a god, no matter my family.......

So I hope God does right by you...... This might not necessarily happen, although, at which point you will either have to choose to kill all mankind or just be cool............... And deal with those people like an adult. :)

2. Bambi

Bambi Well-Known Member

Umm are you feeling suicidal PureVida? I would like to help but seems that maybe you are not suicidal. I can be dense sometimes but when I see someone post often in Suicide Forum I pay attention for sure.

Please tell me what is going on with you so we can help...there is great support here.

Bambi

3. Bambi

Bambi Well-Known Member

Pure Vida I have read your threads and understand a bit more about what you are dealing with...sorry I am back after a bit of a break. Are you taking any meds perchance? I am as I would die without them.
    Well I hope you are okay and for what is worth I think you will find that nobody here will express any intolerance towards your belief in God/god/gods/Gods and if they do they will be brought aside by moderators for such actions.
    You are welcome to speak of it in certain forums for sure.
    Well take care,
    Bambi

4. itmahanh

itmahanh Senior Member & Antiquities Friend

I spent most of my childhood being told that I had to believe in God. In my teens I gave up on the Church altogether. But once I moved to the country and started attending the little church here, something happened. I realized that I believe in God and always have. But I don not believe in organized religion. To me their rules are made not to please God but themselves. Really, telling a person how much money they need to put in the pot each Sunday to achieve what? Salvation? Aw you can now buy your way into Heaven I guess. I dont need a Church to pray in because the God I believe in will hear me no matter where I pray. I dont need to contribute money to a Church as I can just as easily go volunteer at a seniors home and help lighten the day of an elder.
    Guess what I'm trying to say is that it is ok to dance to your own music, believe in God however you like or need to. There are already so many different religions out there what harm can there be in believing in ways that you see fit and comfortable with? Hope you are able to do that too.

5. GabrielConroy

GabrielConroy Well-Known Member

gdoxz ess cdrazzzy

6. ashes_away

ashes_away Well-Known Member

what you believe is between you and yourself...and "god" if that is what you believe in.No one can be in your shoes and see and feel what you do..
    :smile:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.