Crazy cheater

Discussion in 'Family, Friends and Relationships' started by onlyfreewhendreaming, Sep 7, 2011.

1. I am cheating on my abstinent boyfriend with a guy I don't even really like because I am away at college and I am afraid to be alone at night. My boyfriend is my world, I have never loved any other person so much or been so adored; I don't know why I keep cheating. The more I think about it, the more I start to think that it might be better to end it and let him get someone he deserves.

Someone I knew died of alcohol poisoning and I keep having dreams where he comes in to my room sweating vodka telling me that I'm next. I feel crazy.

What is wrong with me?

2. marklondon

marklondon Well-Known Member

Please don't do this. It is destructive to both of you, even if he never finds out.

If you are afraid to be alone at night, either find another way (a friend? a quiet radio? a teddy bear?) or break up with your boyfriend and get together with someone who can keep you company at night.

I don't want to sound like I'm moralising. I come at this from the perspective of someone who had to go through being enormously betrayed in a relationship, and knowing what it does to the relationship and what it feels like.

The right thing to do is almost never the easy thing to do. That's why we have to bother telling ourselves to do the right thing. The right thing to do in a relationship is to be honest about what you want. If you want to be with someone other than your boyfriend, you have 2 options. (A) Break up with him, or (B) negotiate some form of open relationship (which may not be an option with someone who is abstinent). Those are the only 2 options which are actually honest and respectful to both you and your boyfriend. Option (C) -- cheating on him -- isn't fair to him, isn't fair to the relationship, and isn't fair to you.

Again, sorry if I sound like I'm preaching. But you only have one life to live. Why not live it honestly?

3. LetMeBeMe

LetMeBeMe Active Member

I understand where you are coming from *hugs*, the guilt will eventually overtake you and you will burst in someway. It's probably best to come clean to your boyfriend...

did you by any chance post this on sixbillionsecrets.com?

4. in peace

in peace Member

Take it easy and dont do anything rash...... trust me.... and I am sure he'd understand... if my girlfriend was..... I would understand

5. AlopexAngel

AlopexAngel Chat Buddy

Agreed with Marklondon. Choose one or the other. You can't have it both ways and be fair to both of you.

6. *kyle*

*kyle* Well-Known Member

im in love with a girl now who has been known to cheat or ''play around'' with other guys, even though she hasnt dont it to me i would be crushed.
    if you feel lonley talk to ur boyfriend at night, phone, email. remind yourself you got all the company you need. if you do brake it off, dont tell him u cheated, he doesnt need to be kick while hes down.