Crazy Things from Real-life experiences

Discussion in 'The Coffee House' started by Winslow, Jan 23, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Winslow

Winslow Antiquitie's Friend SF Supporter

What crazy things have you experienced in Real-life?
    Let me introduce this thread by telling about one craziness I experienced in real life. Somebody was going to throw a party, and one of my lady-acquaintances was going to contribute by baking a cake. Then she got a bizarre idea. Her cake's icing would be toothpaste! She had meant it as a gag. In other words, when people ate the cake, she presumed they would recognize the taste right away as toothpaste.

But when the party came, the first few who ate some cake and its frosting, actually complimented the lady and kept eating the cake. Eventually,though, the other people recognized the taste of the toothpaste. It surprised me how the gag went as far as it did.

To analyze what happened, the toothpaste was not any of the well-known brands. Otherwise, the toothpaste would have been recognized right away. I should have asked the lady what specific toothpaste she used, but I never found out. Maybe some of you might be able to tell me what specific toothpaste is "tasty" enough to have fooled the party-goers.

So does anybody else have any craziness from Real-life to tell about?
  2. Winslow

Did anybody else see the recent news about the Unusual tattoo? A man had gotten a tattoo of eyeglasses tattooed on his face! In other words,it looks like he is wearing actual eyeglasses, even though it's a tattoo. I don't know whether I would call it crazy or not, but I would call it at least bizarre.
  3. sammakko

sammakko Banned Member

I saw one odd blessing given by wooded *it* men thing made by wood... couple of smack on the head by that and you are blessed :blink:
  4. bluegrey

bluegrey Antiquities Friend

The thought of eating toothpaste- aaugh! That is nauseating not to mention mildly poisonous.

Probably the craziest thing I ever experienced was having fireworks "fights" with friends as a teen. We would shoot roman candles, big powerful bottle rockets and throw cherry bombs at each other. That none of us suffered more than ringing ears or holes burned in our clothing is miraculous. Do not do it!
  5. corang

corang Well-Known Member

One time me and my cousin got a strobe light fireword and wanted to use it late so it would be better well whoever made it did it wrong so at about midnight we set it off and it just exploded. I think the neighbors were PISSED but we ran so they didnt know who it was.
  6. Winslow

To add to my previous post about unusual tattooes, I found another wacky one. A man got a tattoo of a measuring stick which ran all along one side of his body from his arm-pit all the way down to an ankle. That measuring stick tattoo was motivated by the fact that he's a carpenter. The way I see it, though, there is a drawback because as he gets Older, his skin would sag and thereby spoil the accuracy of the measuring stick.
  7. Mama_Pills

Mama_Pills Well-Known Member

I got my ears pierced for the first time in 7th grade. I went to this really nice salon kind of place to get it done and a few of my friends came with me (for moral support, of course). Everything ran smoothly, and the man who was piercing put on his gloves and cleaned and dotted my ears, lining the gun up to the proper spot to go in for the kill. He said it would pinch for a moment, but it hurt so badly. I heard him go, "Uh oh," and I asked what had happened. His glove had been loose on his finger and the end of it went through my ear with the earring. He started pulling at it to try and get it out, but ended up cutting at it with scissors. I had to get my ears repierced, even after I had had those studs in for almost a year, because as soon as I took them out for a few days my lobes closed up again. My left ear gives me trouble to this day. I'm a freshman in college.
  8. friendless

friendless Well-Known Member

OMG, lots of things have happened to me... And that I've done myself.

One of the more recent things was when it snowed pretty heavy here, my husband and I made a giant snow penis in the back of his best friend's truck. Our apartment was close to a highway and we could see cars slowing down to get a look at our work of art. His friend was so mad he threatened to put it in our bed if we didn't destroy it.
  9. bluegrey

bluegrey Antiquities Friend

Holy crap! :laugh: Mildly sadistic but really funny! Ha, ha, ha! :biggrin: :tongue:
  10. Winslow

Although it was several years ago, did anybody else see on E-bay where somebody was auctioning off Elvis Presley's molar-tooth? Nowadays there is corroboration by DNA-testing, so the fact that it was Elvis' actual molar can be conclusively authenticated.
  11. Winslow

This is a crazy item I found from Canton, North Carolina: Rev. Marc Grizzard, pastor of the Amazing Grace Baptist Church staged a book-burning of "Satan's" literature, including works of Mother Teresa and Rev. Billy Graham and any Bible besides the original King James version. That doesn't make sense since, after all, Mother Teresa and Billy Graham are some of the most highly respected Christians of all time. And Billy Graham follows the King James version too, so how can he be condemned as Satanic? Doesn't make sense to me.
  12. friendless

friendless Well-Known Member

There's not a whole lot about religion in general that makes sense. The same arguments that prove the existence of God can be used to prove that a flying spaghetti monster exists. If people feel like they need religion in their lives, I can respect that, but since it belongs to the realm of belief, I don't expect any of it to be rational.

On a side note, I posted this on a different thread but it seemed more fitting in "crazy things from real life" than it does in "funniest youtube clips."

This is the college I go to. It has the reputation of being a party school. This is a bunch of kids in the quad smoking marijuana under a parachute and campus police breaking up their little smoke-out. Notice the huge puff of smoke when the parachute drops.

I found out later from a cop who had a buddy who was a campus officer, that one of the kids took pictures on his cellphone of everyone under the parachute and dropped it when the crowd scattered. The cops found it and arrested all involved. Crazy.
  13. Winslow

A news summary of traffic stops on Christmas Eve in Alice Springs, Australia, noted that 11 people were charged with DUI, including one man who was spotted driving despite his car's hood being broken in the "Up" position and having smashed through his windshield. The driver maneuvered down the street by craning his neck out the side window.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.