Create a chat room without giving me the password

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by Mightbehere, Jan 18, 2009.

1. Mightbehere

Mightbehere Well-Known Member

Omg!!! I ask for the password and only one person lets me in the others won't, well ff
    argh! Curse the sensers you all know what it means!

there i didn't say the forbidden word
    create a chat room and don't invite me!!!
    So mad about this!
  2. Anime-Zodiac

Anime-Zodiac Well-Known Member

Yo Mightbehere.

Have you asked why they didn't give you a password.
  3. SpencerA

SpencerA Well-Known Member

i'm not liking the whole password thing, i went on earlier and it was the same and as soon as someone did give me the password other people in the room were like grr stop giving out the password!! i went in there to have a talk, not to be faced by some pretentious clique. fair enough if they don't want certain people talking but they can block them themselves as opposed to isolating everyone else, it was a bit pathetic. i wouldn't worry about it anyway because most of them in that room started argueing after 10 minutes of me being there, i don't find chat a nice place anymore, if there isn't a moderator in the room then plenty of people use it as an excuse to go awol or pick fights anyway. it's ironic that it's supposed to be a support forum.
  4. Sa Palomera

Sa Palomera Well-Known Member

I like the password concept. Sometimes I feel low about certain issues, and I only want to talk to a few people then, who know about some stuff in my past and such, in that case the password concept comes in handy, cos that way I won't feel paranoid or like I can't say certain stuff in fear of offending others or others offending me, etc.

As long as it's not being abused to actually leave certain people out, I think it's an okay thing to use.
  5. SpencerA

SpencerA Well-Known Member

either way it can be perceived that way, i suppose thats the point of pm, so people don't get unneccesarily offended. i think it can be good on such an occasion but today that wasn't the case. it was just people being petty.
  6. wheresmysheep

wheresmysheep Staff Alumni

before i say this, est you know i love you.

if theres things that people need to discuss that they feel they can only talk about to certain people, tahts fair enough. thats why pms are there.

rooms with passwords are there for SMALL groups to chat pruvately, not to leave a select few outside, FFS this is a support forum. i know there are cliques here and it really does sicken me tbh. this is something that should be addressed by moderstors imho. but w/e.
  7. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

I have personally never liked the concept of member created rooms with passwords, but there are times, as ester explained, I can understand them. PMs are there for that purpose, but maybe you wish to have more than one person in the conversation with you. A Pm does not allow that option. I also know of times when I have been dealing with a crisis situation and needed the support of another someone in the room with me. If it is solely for the purpose of the clique, then I think it should be taken to an instant messenger conversation. I remember the days without those rooms, and to be honest, I liked it better. Everything has its purpose, and with that comes the possibility of abuse. Somewhere along the line it always happens for some reason.
  8. Sa Palomera

Sa Palomera Well-Known Member

But in PM there is no option to talk to two or three people. As gentlelady said, sometimes you wish to talk to a few people , or someone needs a back up to support someone else
  9. wheresmysheep

wheresmysheep Staff Alumni

yes that is understandable est. but when it comes to everyone moving to said room and leaving a selct few out, which it sounds like happened, thats wrong and pathetic and under mining to those people being 'left out' and it quite frankly borders on bullying also. which is kind of pathetic in itself as this is an internet forum, and its all just words on a screen.,

no matter how much i love and need this place. that is all it is. :dunno:
  10. Mightbehere

Mightbehere Well-Known Member

All the things I'll never see
    All the things I'll never be
    All there is that's left for me
    Is here in this eternity
    Of isolation

The cavalcade, the jamboree
    Of life I thought was meant for me
    I never dreamed that it would be
    Replaced by this eternity
    Of isolation.

All the things I'll never see
    All the things I'll never be
    All my hopes are memory
    All there is that's left for me
    Is isolation.
  11. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

It doesn't bother me at all but I can see why some people dislike it.

Anyway, you know you can always PM me hun xx