crime: a new perspective

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by pit, Mar 5, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pit

pit Well-Known Member

Could it be that violent crime is, inadvertently, the suicide's best friend?

Say you're suicidal working at a 7-11 on the graveyard shift, and a robber threatens to shoot you if you don't hand over the loot. You could say you're the 100th customer who said that, throw the register at him, and say, "Shoot me. I don't give a fuck. Life sucks. The boss is in the back eating a hoagie. Shoot him too."

Or you're suicidal, walking through a bad neighborhood. All of a sudden, a mugger sticks a knife in your back and says, "Gimme your wallet." You could turn around and surprise the assailant by hugging him, wrapping your arms and legs around his body and say, "I've never hugged a mugger before. Stick your knife in. I can die now."

Perhaps you're suicidal, driving down a dark, lonely stretch of road. All of a sudden a guy sneaks up to your window at a red light, pulls a gun and says, "Get outta da car muddafukkah, I'm drivin." You can give him the finger, then stick your finger in his gun and order him to blow your brains out because you'd rather be dead than endure life without wheels.

Yes, thank you, violent criminals, for helping me end my life!!:laugh:
  2. Rosenrot

Rosenrot Forum Buddy

I don't really like making a joke of my suicidal feelings.

I suppose it's just me.
  3. famous.last.words

famous.last.words Forum Buddy

4. Dreamer uk

Dreamer uk Well-Known Member

Personally, I'd just rather go home and kill myself in a painless way in the comfort of my own home.

The guy with the knife in my back: depending on the situation, I'd say 'take my wallet bro' then he would get an elbow in the face followed by a punch into his throat. I'd take the risk of bleeding to death from a knifewound.

I don't know whether I'd want to be a hero against the gun men.

Knowing my luck I'd probably get shot in the testicles or something.
  5. The_Discarded

The_Discarded Staff Alumni

Ooh, interesting.

Yet lately there's a modicum of dignity or perhaps arrogance in me that makes me better desire to take my own life than to let another take mine. I think some days it's the other way around, though. :mellow:

And I see how it could offend, but I personally appreciate the drollness of pit's post.
  6. ih8u

ih8u Active Member

haha i think that's cute. i thought about that before, but i'd try to bring the mofo down with me just so it won't be so lonely.
  7. Hanging by a thread

Hanging by a thread Well-Known Member

i totally agree! I wud love to tell a robber or some1 with a gun to do it! see if they have the balls to kill me!I'm suicidal so i have no fear of dying! Never mess with suicides cause we can take risks like that!
  8. nagisa

nagisa Chat & Forum Buddy Staff Alumni

I've thought about this a lot. I like to think that I'd tell them to go right ahead and kill me. But I think I'd be in too much shock to react that way if something like that actually happened, LOL!!
  9. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

I have thought about similar things in the past. I guess not so much with the criminals such as muggers or robbers, but more about threats from my ex. I did tell him once to go ahead because it would save the trouble.
  10. hammockmonkey

hammockmonkey Well-Known Member

just borrow some bukowski when the guns to your head "i'm just a suicide anyway."
  11. Beattles

Beattles Well-Known Member

i would smile and laugh if any of these things happened to me. they cant hurt me any more than i hurt myself. and if they kill me, well there doing me a favour, arnt they>?
  12. Daze&Confused

Daze&Confused Antiquitie's Friend

For me, i wouldn't want to cause someone to kill, i will go quietly into that good night.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.