crime/knifings in UK

Discussion in 'Soap Box' started by OutCaste, Jul 11, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OutCaste

OutCaste Well-Known Member

can some one from uk tell me the truth about this ? I really don't know what to believe but i am interested in knowing. Some of my friends have told me that its really getting bad in london with all sorts of gangs and its actually 9-15 year old kids joining gangs, bringing pistols and knives to schools. is this really that bad or are they hyping it too much ? and whats with the knifings ? stabbing seems soooooo much in the news. and why so many young british kids are turning into chavs/gangsters/rudeboyz ? is it considered cool out there ?

2. unbearable

unbearable Well-Known Member

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 11, 2008
  3. Anime-Zodiac

Anime-Zodiac Well-Known Member

It's true that knife crime and killings have increased but alot of the media seem to concentrate on London when it really happens across the UK. So some of this is the media.

4. OutCaste

what about the racial element involved ? It seems like there is a big war going on in some places. people drawing machettes and stuff to solve minor disputes.

5. Anime-Zodiac

I can't really say about the racial elements but from what i've seen in newspapers, the news, etc those who commit these killings are usually ethnic groups. But also teenagers are using knifes to solve minor disputes and yet I wouldn't even call them minor disputes, some of them aren't even disputes since there that low. For example, someone a while ago told me about this guy who was with his girlfriend, they had gone out together clubbing and it was late into the night, so they caught the bus home. Whilst on this bus, these guys started throwing chips at his girlfriend so obviously he went over and asked them to stop doing that. What was there response? They stabbed him and he died.

It's things like this, where people are using knifes to solve these sorts of things.

6. anonymous51

anonymous51 Staff Alumni

There has been a bad gang problem in Britain for centuries, its only now that London is starting to get it that it is becoming "a big issue." Glasgow has always been a dangerous city, It is the most dangerous place in Europe. But now that the killings have been centered around the "ethnic minority" communities it has been taken by the press and turned into a major issue. It may be a black thing in America but the vast majority of violent crime is being commited by young white youths for a long time.

I think one of the major contributes of this "new wave of violent crime" is down to the immigration of Somalian refugees. These people have grown up in a clan based hieriarchy and has been brought over into their small communities in London. Many different gangs in Somalia also have people in England and engage in drug wards over here.

"from what i've seen in newspapers, the news, etc those who commit these killings are usually ethnic groups" - exactly, its not that it is a new issue, its just that the newspaper haven realised that people are concerned about the new wave of immigrants, and therefore are going to buy the newspapers if the stories are focused on the "crime wave" brought over from these people.

7. OutCaste

you know, i have been researching a lot about gangs and stuff in america as well. just now i learnt that there is a gang called mara salvatrucha in california region which kills any non latino. i mean like anyone within their sight. it can't really get worse than that. a lot of mexican gangs specifically targeted blacks because of their hatred and they almost exterminated them in many places or made them leave the place. imagine if one of us were to cross their path. these people spare no one and have no mercy, these gangs believe in ethnically cleansing non latinos. then ofcourse you have bloods, crips, hells angels etc. UK is a very very safe place in comparison with US. many places in US are no go areas. have you heard of camden in new jersey ?

8. OutCaste

i have heard pakistanis and albanians are involved in massive drug trade in england. is this true ?

9. anonymous51

anonymous51 Staff Alumni

Im not sure about Pakistani groups but there is a massive influx of drug and particularly human trafficing by russian and other slavic gangs. This is mainly down to the fact that Poland and other slavic countries have recently been made part of the EU and it makes it easier for the gang members to get past customs and checkpoints.

10. unbearable

unbearable Well-Known Member

To even begin tackling some of the problem is to make it a instant prison sentence just carrying a knife because at the moment no one gets in trouble for carrying one, we keep on hearing Gordon brown harping on about getting tough on the issue and there have been searches and knifes have been taken of people bla bla bla but when people are caught possessing one no further action takes place, within 5 minutes they have just got hold of another knife.

"The government will publish its youth crime plan next week, introducing new enforcement measures and improvements to sentencing, Brown said."

Yeah we'll just see.

11. Anime-Zodiac

From what I know, a new trend that is popping up among gangs is to have dogs around. It serves two main purposes 1) another form of intimadation 2) another way to attack other people. You can't get told off or in trouble for having a bull dog around.

12. OutCaste

i went to a forum and saw these american kids making fun of britain for being too 'soft' meaning they don't have hardcore gangster culture like US. I was really sad to see some kids think this way. i mean its good that britain a safer country than America. why be proud of being violent? thats ignorant as fuck. i would love for America to be as safe as Britain is. nothing is cool about walking down the street and getting shot for no reason. all governments need to put a ban on this gangsta rap trash.

13. Anime-Zodiac

Your right, it is stupid to be proud of being more violent then others but I guess in a sense this comes down to some peoples internal nature. People who are into gangs and that sort of stuff also have some sort of ego and have a one dimensional view of the world. That view is: i'm the strongest and anyone who threatens and messes with that will be put in their place (Namely killed or at the least injured)

14. anonymous51

anonymous51 Staff Alumni

I only think the rate of crime in America is higher than the UK is because the population is larger. Also there isnt as big a racially influenced gang culture in Britain, its more to do with what area you live in. In places like Glasgow and outer Edinburgh you will get stabbed just because you live in a different street. Many people as old as 20 havent been outside a mile radius of 15 miles from their home ever in their life because they are too afraid of getting attacked. Most acts of violence are never to the police because the victims are terrified of being labeled a grass or a snitch and get attacked again, they just keep their heads down and hope it doesnt happen again. The police say if all violent crime was reported the figure would be many times the size the figure is atm.

Also the crime isnt reported as much as in America because it is mainly underage people and their identities cannot be revealed by the police. I was watching a documentary on gang crime and their was a man setting up a youth center who was involved in a gang fight as young as 4 years old :blink:

15. OutCaste

the current world atmosphere is so sad i really think we are done with our time on earth. you remember what orwell said in his movie 1984 ?

"War is peace"

"Ignorance is strength"

It is becoming a reality. Ignorant and stupid people are considered as heroes. People who are good talkers are considered to be gods instead of those are really educated but lack personality. most guys want to become gangsta(an illusion) and girls want gangsta like guys. how many girls want intelligent, educated guys ? not many i think. when i was in college, all computer sicence students used to cheat their assignments. it was not by choice but it almost became obligatory because of the departments attitudes. you know your in real deep shit when the education systems are going down hill. Thats how our society stays up top by there math and sciences. is this the quality of engineers we are producing ? the era of einstien, edision etc its all gone. what significant discoveries/inventions have been made since 80's or so. not that many in comparison with the 60's. there are nonstop wars all over the world and very few people are reacting to it. they are accepting everything like a sheep. how so ? iraq had no WMDs no links with terrorists, yet they waged a senseless war there and thousands of iraqis , americans and british died. now iran will be attacked very soon and no one cares. millions upon millions of dollars are given to israel, a first world country but not a penny for the real poor countries in africa. even 1/100th of the money was donated there, the situation would be much better. in the name of liberalism, we legalize drugs and prostitution. don't these politicians realize the simple fact that crime is often the side effect of drugs and prostitution. what is next ? may be pedophily will be legalized soon ? they will give some bullshit rationalization for that as well. i can see it coming. i'm an atheist but i still don't agree with mindless liberalization. our world has become so degenerate its really unbelievable. some thing major is going to happen in 10 years or so.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 13, 2008
  16. OutCaste

the current atmosphere is so sad i really think we are done with our time on earth. you remember what orwell said in his movie 1984 ?

"War is peace"

"Ignorance is strength"

It is becoming a reality. Ignorant and stupid people are considered as heroes. People who are good talkers are considered to be gods instead of those are really educated but lack personality. most guys want to become gangsta(an illusion) and girls want gangsta like guys who call them "hoez", "bitchez". how many girls want intelligent, educated guys ? not many i think. when i was in college, all computer sicence students used to cheat their assignments. it was not by choice but it almost became obligatory because of the departments attitudes. you know your in real deep shit when the education systems are going down hill. Thats how our society stays up top by there math and sciences. is this the quality of engineers we are producing ? the era of einstien, edision etc its all gone. what significant discoveries/inventions have been made since 80's or so. not that many in comparison with the 60's. there are nonstop wars all over the world and very few people are reacting to it. they are accepting everything like a sheep. how so ? iraq had no WMDs no links with terrorists, yet they waged a senseless war there and thousands of iraqis , americans and british died. now iran will be attacked very soon and no one cares. in the name of liberalism, we legalize drugs and prostitution. don't these politicians realize the simple fact that crime is often the side effect of drugs and prostitution. what is next ? may be pedophily will be legalized soon ? they will give some bullshit rationalization for that as well. i can see it coming. i'm an atheist but i still don't agree with mindless liberalization. our world has become so degenerate its really unbelievable. some thing major is going to happen in 10 years or so.

17. Anime-Zodiac

I guess everything in some way is linked, as mentioned in your post. Some may say that fighting, wars and violence is apart of human nature and may even be a major part of the human make-up.

18. anonymous51

anonymous51 Staff Alumni

War = change, without change = humanity will collapse. Without the threat of war there would have been no motive to create the internet meaning we wouldnt be sitting here discussing it :dunno:

19. Shogun

Shogun Well-Known Member

London used to be such a nicer and safer place to live about 10 - 15 years ago, but of course there wasn't as many immigrants and minorities in the city then. Draw your own conclusions, but every one of those arrested for these high profile knifings and shootings recently have been black or sometimes Asian. I've lived here all my life and never has it been so bad.

20. OutCaste

it also depends on the social status/educational background of the immigrants you let into your country.

for eg. in USA, asians are being deemed as a model minority because most asians who migrate to US generally have degrees and are well prepared academically. lot of middle easterners, east europeans and south asians are well off too. but a lot of hispanics who immigrate to USA are from lower rungs of latin american society and they end up joining gangs in the west coast area. but then there are a lot of cubans in miami area who are quite successful because they came from the upper/middle class that was expelled by castro.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 17, 2008
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.