Criminal record...

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by Esmeralda, Jun 24, 2007.

1. Esmeralda

Esmeralda Well-Known Member

Rar!!!! So I just applied for a job that I really want and they do a drug and background check. I passed everything except for the criminal check, which stated that I passed a worthless check almost 8 years ago in college and could face 1 year in prison and a 1000 dollar fine with some community service. :laugh: I am just really annoyed about this. I don't remember this, but apparently there is a warrant. With the things I've done in my life...THIS is what they charge me with. Fuck that. I guess I'll call the courthouse. IF there's nothing I can do, well, needless to say I won't be showing up at prison any time soon (not killing myself, just not telling them where I live now). I wanna be pissed, but I just have to laugh.

2. Terry

Terry Antiquities Friend Staff Alumni

Ah a life of crime eh Peanut:laugh: God all the shit I did when I was younger..time to immigrate me thinks :biggrin:

3. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

Interesting that you were never notified of this check and given the chance to clear up the situation. It was probably something small too, I imagine. Like under $5. Let's nail the ones who have small things like this happen, but allow the molesters, abusers, and murders go free. Nice times we live in today.

4. ybt

ybt Guest

what a wonderful world indeed with minor drug offenders in prison

5. Esmeralda

Esmeralda Well-Known Member

Hee hee. Thanks guys. Yeah the American justice system at work..pot smokers and check-bouncers filling up the jails :) I appreciate your comments and I will let you know how it turns out. I bet Gentle is right... a 5 dollar check or some such nonsense! I was in college then, so maybe I accidentally closed my bank account when I was moving back home before the check cleared or something? Soooo silly! I don't let this stuff get to me...what can you do but laugh when you find out there's a warrant out for your arrest from an 8-year-old misdemeanor? I just love the word misdemeanor. "Your demeanor during that time was completely unacceptable! We shall henceforth call that type of behaviour, a MIS-demeanor!" lmao