1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Criminal record...

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by Esmeralda, Jun 24, 2007.

1. Esmeralda

Esmeralda Well-Known Member

Rar!!!! So I just applied for a job that I really want and they do a drug and background check. I passed everything except for the criminal check, which stated that I passed a worthless check almost 8 years ago in college and could face 1 year in prison and a 1000 dollar fine with some community service. :laugh: I am just really annoyed about this. I don't remember this, but apparently there is a warrant. With the things I've done in my life...THIS is what they charge me with. Fuck that. I guess I'll call the courthouse. IF there's nothing I can do, well, needless to say I won't be showing up at prison any time soon (not killing myself, just not telling them where I live now). I wanna be pissed, but I just have to laugh.

2. Terry

Terry Antiquities Friend Staff Alumni

Ah a life of crime eh Peanut:laugh: God all the shit I did when I was younger..time to immigrate me thinks :biggrin:

3. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

Interesting that you were never notified of this check and given the chance to clear up the situation. It was probably something small too, I imagine. Like under $5. Let's nail the ones who have small things like this happen, but allow the molesters, abusers, and murders go free. Nice times we live in today.

4. ybt

ybt Guest

what a wonderful world indeed with minor drug offenders in prison

5. Esmeralda

Esmeralda Well-Known Member

Hee hee. Thanks guys. Yeah the American justice system at work..pot smokers and check-bouncers filling up the jails :) I appreciate your comments and I will let you know how it turns out. I bet Gentle is right... a 5 dollar check or some such nonsense! I was in college then, so maybe I accidentally closed my bank account when I was moving back home before the check cleared or something? Soooo silly! I don't let this stuff get to me...what can you do but laugh when you find out there's a warrant out for your arrest from an 8-year-old misdemeanor? I just love the word misdemeanor. "Your demeanor during that time was completely unacceptable! We shall henceforth call that type of behaviour, a MIS-demeanor!" lmao