Crisis Team

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by Unregisteredlol, Mar 18, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hey im a member on here but i wanna remain Anon :)

ok i tried to kill myself last night with an overdose and obviously it didnt work, i was disharged at 7am. Anyway the nurse there asked if i wanted help from the crisis team and i said yes. This person is coming round 2morrow morning at 11am, And im not entirely sure what to expect :-( im kinda scared tbh. I i dont EVER talk to anyone in person about what ive done. Will this person ask me 100 questions? how long do they stay? are they able to advise about medication?

Thank you for your time :) xx
  2. plates

plates Well-Known Member

Yeah I'm with them at the moment. If they are the Crisis Resolution Team, they'll ask you a load of questions, and just see what you need- if you need to see a psychiatrist, medication, what support you have, what they can do for you. If you need to go into hospital or stay out, what your CMHT can do for you etc.
    They should call or see you every day, if it's similar to what I have, (which is a new thing they just bought in, it's not the 'Crisis Team,' it's the 'Crisis Resolution Team' now, so they are there to resolve and contain a crisis, or so they say.
  3. Scum

Scum Well-Known Member

It will all depend on the CT and the actual people themselves as to what will happen, it also depends on you. They will probably talk to you about how you are, and what you feel you need from them.

When I've had home visits it's only been for 5 or so mins, but that's because I lie and tell them it's all ok, which isn't the best thing to do. I would suggest telling them as much as you can because the more they know, the more they can potentially help you.

As to what happens after the visit, that is probably determined by the visit. They might discharge you, they might want to see you again (later that day, the next day), they might want to phone you for a few days, they might assess you as to whether or not you need to be in hospital.
  4. thanks thats cleared up abit for me :)

and im 100% sure they were called the ''crisis team'' the person on the phone said it, i suppose it depends where abouts your from
  5. i didnt realise they see you THAT often lol well i found out that my parents are gonna be out when this person comes round to visit so thats one less worry for me :) and i do intend on telling them every last small detail, lying doesnt get you far and i really do need the help
  6. Scum

Scum Well-Known Member

They will work out what you need, so it might be more often, it might not be. It might just be having their number and calling them if you need them.

I'm glad you're going to be honest, that's the best thing to do :) Good luck! I hope they are useful.
  7. Hazel

Hazel SF & Antiquitie's Friend Staff Alumni

They were called the Crisis Team when I had them but that's a few years ago, I think as you said different areas might have different names, however I would think they aims would be similar.
    They are there to help you and if possible to provide support so you don't need hospitalisation.
    You are right to be honest with them, that way they will be able to help you in the best way possible.
  8. my parents called me down like an hour ago and ive had the shock of my life ...

1 of the major things thats depressing me is my severe debts , well my dad said he'll pay off all my debts IF i work for him till im payed up , and tbh i think thats an amazing deal! it only took an overdose and hours of pain and vomiting , but they realise i didnt have help and managed to do something to help me

still suffering from the itchy rashes and the headaches , but all is good (ish) atm :)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.