Crisis Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello- I just joined a few minutes ago. I am trying to do the safe thing by posting and not being alone. I'm having a breakdown and just need to get this post up so I stop feeling so desperate. I'm hoping that this will be a safe space.

I suppose it's sort of a crisis post. That's it.

If anyone else is at the same point, regardless of their situation, please feel free to post.

Cheers,

Grace

P.S- I hope this makes sense; it's difficult to articulate myself right now.

birdie5

SF Supporter
Hey There GraceGreene. Thanks for posting. It is a very safe and supportive place, and you wont be judged. Is there anything particular going on? anything specific we can help you with?

You made perfect sense

Lara_C

Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
Hello @GraceGreene and welcome. If you feel in danger of harming yourself, you need to get help to keep you safe. Either ask a friend or relative to stay with you or call a crisis or emergency line (links in my signature).
SF is only a peer support site, and cannot substitute for professional help when it is needed.

Hello @GraceGreene and welcome. If you feel in danger of harming yourself, you need to get help to keep you safe. Either ask a friend or relative to stay with you or call a crisis or emergency line (links in my signature).
SF is only a peer support site, and cannot substitute for professional help when it is needed.
Hello @Clair,
I am planning to speak to a crisis team soon, and then again come morning. Thank you for your guidance.

Grace

Hey There GraceGreene. Thanks for posting. It is a very safe and supportive place, and you wont be judged. Is there anything particular going on? anything specific we can help you with?

You made perfect sense
It's difficult to say. There are so many things layered on top of one another. I have BPD and PTSD, so the emotional pain can grow to be very intense. I do not know if I am beyond help and wasting people's time (and my own). I suppose I ultimately feel lost and distressed. I am simply exhausted by this constant cycle.

Grace.

Lara_C

Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
To bring you here, there must be many layers to it, but you are in no way beyond help as there are effective meds and other therapies for your symptoms. Most people come to SF feeling lost and depressed, and that they are a lost cause, so never feel you are wasting our time, or that no one will understand what it's like to feel this bad. We care about all members of our SF family, which now includes you, and are here to support and help each other as much as we can on the road to recovery

Fudgewobble

Hi Grace, just joined tonight and read your post. How are you today? I'm going through a crisis too and can relate to what you said.
Here's hoping we both can find comfort and support here.

Liz

Hi Grace, just joined tonight and read your post. How are you today? I'm going through a crisis too and can relate to what you said.
Here's hoping we both can find comfort and support here.

Liz
Hello Fudgewobble- I've been staying at a friend's and I've just got back online at home. The time away was good in some senses, but I like the freedom to feel when I'm alone. How are things with you? Ps, thanks for your post.

Grace.

Hey @GraceGreene & @Fudgewobble, welcome to SF, I joined a couple of months ago and the help and support everyone has given me has been invaluable support and advice. You're part of a family I feel proud to be part of. If you ever need to talk we're always here for you, and there are always people available to chat to. Take care xxx

Hello Grace,
I so appreciate you reaching out. I had a breakdown a few days ago, and it was a bit ugly. So I get where you're coming from. I had someone to vent to, so it didn't last too long, plus I don't allow myself to go to bed angry anymore. Personally, I like to start each day fresh. But what had happened is that I was simply overwhelmed emotionally. There were a lot of changes going on and decisions being made in a short period of time, and it seemed like everyone and my dogs constantly needed something from me....and no one was putting into me. I felt like a car with no gas or oil. So when a business phone call went sideways, I broke. What helped was first stepping away, then venting, then forgiving. My heart still hurt, but the next evening the person left me a lengthy voicemail apologizing for their behavior. Then I felt like the burden was alleviated. So many times we take peoples problems on our own shoulders. If you're a fixer, this is something I encourage you to work through and out of. Or, as I'm prone to, we start to question if we're the problem. In reality, we all need balance. As a remedy, I've gone back to setting up boundaries, without them, we burnout. So I've taken time to prioritize what I value and where my time really needs to be spent.

Fudgewobble

Hello Fudgewobble- I've been staying at a friend's and I've just got back online at home. The time away was good in some senses, but I like the freedom to feel when I'm alone. How are things with you? Ps, thanks for your post.

Grace.
Hi Grace, good on you for breaking the downward spiral by staying with a friend. I know it can be the hardest thing to do and sometimes the pressure of being 'ok' in the company of others can be a huge challenge. I guess the trick is finding a friend who allows you to be real and still have some fun.
I've been in the withdrawal stage for a long time now and used Netflix to help drown out the thoughts. Started googling the topic that has brought many of us here and came to a fork in the road. I recalled a series that played on Australian TV a couple of years ago called The Beautiful Lie, a version of Leo Tolstoy's Anna Karenina in today's setting. The scene that played in my head was when she was standing on the railway line waiting to die and the split second before the train hit her, the look on her face said 'Oh no, I've made a mistake'. So now I'm here and back to my counsellor today to be more honest about where I'm at.
Thanks for asking and I look forward to our mutual support. Liz X

Fudgewobble

Welcome to SF @GraceGreene and @Fudgewobble ! I'm glad you've joined us here.... Keep coming around.
No one is beyond help...... I mean that seriously. You're always worth it.
Thank you Innocent for your encouragement. I just finished reading your story in its entirety and was mostly moved by your raw honesty. It has truly inspired me to be honest in my therapy session today. Baby steps.
Something that resonated was your statement about how impermanent it is when we are built up by others as opposed to the long and difficult road of building ourselves up and really believing we are worth it. Explains the people pleasing personality that never truly believes the praises heaped upon them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00