Crisis Thread

Discussion in 'Help Me! I Need to Talk to Someone.' started by Sais, Dec 9, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sais

Sais Well-Known Member

This thread is for people who feel like "I can't do this anymore", for crisis moments.
    Sometimes it helps to just have someone to talk to who understands, and is in the same place.

So, what got you in this state?
    How do you feel?

Get it all out here, maybe people with the same feelings as you will come and do the same thing
    and we can all be there for each other.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 9, 2011
  2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

usually when i am in crisis it has all to do family and then the triggers start that bring back all the past pains dam eh

3. xXWhateverItTakesXx

xXWhateverItTakesXx Forum Buddy

The loss of a friend and I feel useless, exhausted and I can't carry on like this.

4. 1Lefty

1Lefty Well-Known Member

Some of the time for me, it starts with some unresolved issue, even minor things, my mind creates a worst-case-scenario, and I start emotionally reacting to that. My anxiety kicks in, my brain picks up all sorts of other negative debris and its full-on after that.

How do I feel? well, anxious, the feeling that SOMETHING has to be done in response to what I'm feeling, the feeling of impending doom, like the world was going to implode with me at the center. But I also feel like I'm hooked up to some kind of power, but it's negative and something else is controlling it (and me). Sometimes I also feel detached from the original problem, but other times it's all I can focus on, like it's consuming me.

Does any of that make any sense?

5. Sais

Sais Well-Known Member

Yeah... I feel the impending doom too, but I try not to focus on it, say to myself: look at all these people, they know they can die at any moment, that their lives is not even close to perfect, and they can still live, and be happy about it.
    Also, I get this mania sort of state, I can't figure out if it's me thinking straight about wanting to do a precise thing or it's just that, distortion. And if I don't act as I want I never find out... Don't know..............

@WhateverItTakes, I lost a friend too this year, It felt like I was left all alone in this whole world. Still feels creepy to think about going to his grave, so I don't. But I still talk to him, hope he can hear me, somewhere. Hugs!

6. r127q

r127q Well-Known Member

I have mania as well -- it can turn physical, with my body itching a lot. I've created little pick marks all over myself from when I can't stop itching my skin. There is no reason for it that I can tell; it just feels like bugs or fine powder is all over me. Or I'll get a flush feeling, and my skin turns irritatedly prickly and hot.

Then there is the pent up energy, and can't decide where or how to direct it. There is a panic feeling like I have to go right now, just get out and go somewhere else -- 'any where but here', feeling. I've done that in the middle of the night a few times, and have ended up lost. I have to keep notes around my place now to not go anywhere when I'm feeling like that.

I have a lot of color coded paper notes to myself for each crisis feeling. What feelings I may be experiencing, and what might help; but, most importantly, what not to do. Most of them say not to leave the house till it is over.
    red paper = death (any feeling or impulse that could lead to this)
    green paper = dis-ease, panic, destruction
    blue paper = self-destructive
    yellow paper = notes for everyday reminders

I hate living this way, but it is the only way I can keep living independently (or living at all). I get so depressed, all I can think about is suicide. I have a plan. I most likely won't be able to resist it forever -- I don't see it ever going away. Each time I go through those really crisis periods of time, I keep having to remind myself that this has passed before, many times. It will again. But I keep thinking -- yeah, and the good periods are getting shorter and shorter. How many more crisis periods can I take in my life before I give up? I will eventually stop caring that 'this too shall pass'. I will want to end the crisis periods all together.

Not today though. Today my goal is to find a way to be useful.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.