crisis

Discussion in 'Welcome' started by takencontrol, Oct 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. takencontrol

takencontrol Well-Known Member

ive really lost the will to live. cant cope with my feelings and thoughts. the only thing thay was keeping me going was the fact i hadnt turned to drink again. but now i have and slipping fast.

2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

well time to throw drink away okay we all slip but time to talk to your doctor and get help.

3. takencontrol

drinking is the only thing getting me through the day just now. i fear im slipping into a major crisis and feel powerless to stop it.

4. doityourself

doityourself Well-Known Member

HI Brownie,

sorry to see your still feeling down. Please stop drinking, its only going to bring you farther down. Tell us whats bothering you.

5. dartofabaris

dartofabaris Well-Known Member

..couldnt put it better brownie, what makes you want to lose yourself to states of intoxication?

6. takencontrol

i want to forget the things from the past thats causing me pain that im going to have to go through with my psychologist

7. dartofabaris

dartofabaris Well-Known Member

thats a positive step forward, retrospection with a neutral helper will help you shed some light on the nature of your troubles. Be honest and trusting both in yourself and to your psycologist.

8. KittyGirl

KittyGirl Well-Known Member

I'm glad to hear you've decided to talk with a psychologist! That's really great!

You know... there are also many different methods of 'distraction' that you can try using if you'd like to kick the alcohol?
    Do you have any hobbies at all? Like to exercise or think you could do with some exercise?

Try making a short list of things you can do to keep yourself busy.
    Sometimes it really helps just to have things written down, even if you end up not doing them....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.