crossing fingers and toes needed

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by kittyD, Jun 19, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kittyD

kittyD Well-Known Member

i'm very excited and terrified.:eek:hmy:
    I just got a call for a pre-interview session for a good job. Its with the City I live in and would be ideal for me. Apparently the resumes are screened, then have a pre-interview with an employment counsellor who guides you with the keywords they look for as well as more indepth about your resume. This is a big step towards getting the job, they usually only pre-int 2 or 3 people for each position.
    Two years ago I lost a 35,000 yr job due to health and depression and have been living on social assistance since then. So this will make an enormous change in our lives and I need all the crosssed fingers, toes, eyes, prayers etc I can get.
    kD

2. Anam_Cara

Anam_Cara Well-Known Member

Crossing my fingers, toes, and sending some very positive energy your way! :tongue: this would be perfect!! i am so happy to hear this news!

3. liveinhope

liveinhope Well-Known Member

:smile: hey well done ill be keeping everything crossed please let us know how you get on

hugs

4. Consider your wish granted! :biggrin:

I'll be walking funny, and smoking's gonna be a bit of a bitch with everything crossed...but you're worth it!! :wink:

5. andyc68

andyc68 Guest

nice one hun, i hope you get it.

my fingers are crossed for you.

i have faith that you will get everything you want, go in with your head held high and the confidence that this is all yours

good luck

6. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

I wish you the best of luck for the preinterview. You will be in my thoughts. :hug:

7. Sadeyes

Sadeyes Staff Alumni

May I suggest that you think of each part of the process as a rehearsal for the job you are to have someday...that way you take some of the pressure off of you and you can function better...of course, i hope and pray you get the job, but if for some reason it is not meant to be, feel proud how far you got in the process and try again...big hugs, J

8. kittyD

kittyD Well-Known Member

Well good news and bad news.:cool:
    The screening went amazingly,
    The job was filled and withdrawn as my screening was on-going.:sad:
    :tongue::biggrin::laugh:
    But I had a great interview with the assistance screener, she applied me for two other positions right then, and gave me mega tips on resume etc. Now I'm updating my resume for another position that I wouldn't have considered but she thinks I'd be able to do.
    And now I don't have to go thru the process of appyling online, waiting for call, I just call her directly which can save up to a week in time, and timing is everything for jobs.
    I really needed this boost, I've been pretty down on myself about looking for work because i wasn't getting any feedback.
    Thank you all for your support, I sure felt the confidence boost. And I slept in and got ready to go in 8 minutes, got there on time even though we ran into construction and had to stop for gas.....
    kD

9. Sadeyes

Sadeyes Staff Alumni

GO KD, GO KD...YOU GO ... the right job will come your way when it is the right time, and I am sure hoping it is soon...good work and continue to keep on this path...you deserve this happiness and more...big hugs, J

10. kittyD

kittyD Well-Known Member

Re:UPDATE- crossing fingers and toes needed

Have just sent off 2nd version of resume to employment counsellor.
    She's referred me to a job that i would never have considered, but she thinks I have a great chance....through assistance screening office, they have sent only one other applicant through from all their clients. However the employer may have used other screening agencies also, but they have also extended the deadline.
    All of which may work for me , who knows:blink:
    Its out of my hands now

Crossing everything crossable.

kD

11. Xenos

Xenos Well-Known Member

Add another 20 of those crossing fingers and toes to the group! =) Wait.... make that 21. No... 22 =P

By the sounds of it, it sounds pretty intense! I think I'd faint just waiting for someone to call me if I got the job or not. O_O Great, positive, happy go happy, energetic, and any other positive adjectives of luck to you! ^.^ :cool:

12. kittyD

kittyD Well-Known Member

omg, I am a nervous wreck. And this is just waiting for an interview, in a way I wish my employment counsellor hadn't shown me this one. Its been so long since I applied for and interviewed in the outside world, working at the same place for so long even though I interviewed there over the years; there if you applied, you got the interview. So I'm going through the web page of the place, looking for anything that may be used as keywords etc.
    Devon, my d, is finally getting excited, the botom line salary is almost 8g more than I've made before, so for a teenager it immediately becomes how much more she'll get. grin.
    kD

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.