crossing the threshold

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by wrbotha, Oct 3, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wrbotha

wrbotha Member

Ive been feeling suicidal for the past two days. It started yesterday when i was seriously contemplating my own self worth and what i am doing with my life, as well as all the types of relationships i have in my life at the moment. It turns out everything is so meaningless. Im not stressed out or in any trouble, financial or otherwise, its just that my life is not contributing to anything meaningful in this world. I also dont see how it can.

Yesterday i started actually thinking about ending my life, how those close to me would feel, and how would be the best way to go about doing it. I still have those thoughts, today, and i feel i am having more and more reasons for not carrying on with my life than for living it. It feels i have crossed some sort of threshold and i do not know how to get back.

I am on this site because i was on another site called <Mod Edit: link not permitted here> :)

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 3, 2015
  2. Freya

Freya Loves SF Staff Member ADMIN

Welcome to SF - I am glad that you found us here. I understand what you are saying about your life not contributing anything meaningful. I feel that way often. What would be meaningful? Like... what do you see other people do that you think is meaningful? Just so I can understand your perception and better know what to say :)

3. wrbotha

wrbotha Member

I think helping people to change their lives for the better is something meaningful. Im in singapore, one of the weathiest nations on the planet, and the materialism is killing me.

4. wrbotha

wrbotha Member

I think helping people to change their lives for the better is something meaningful. Im in singapore, one of the weathiest nations on the planet, and the materialism is killing me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.