• Please read the thread in Forum News and Announcements pertaining to race related discussion on SF - thank you :)

Crossroads

Marilyn1962

Currently training to be a funeral director and experiencing major imposter syndrome. I’ve had low self esteem my whole life. I was kind of pushed into applying for it his role my friends, family and colleagues. I’m exhausted all the time, I feel so stupid and useless I’m constantly making mistakes and I just don’t want to do it. If I go back to my old role in the company I know everyone will be so disappointed in me but as a serious introvert and empath I just don’t think I can cope. I wish I believed in myself it would make this so much easier. Please someone give me an honest opinion, I can’t make this decision by myself

I’m constantly making mistakes
You don't have to do things perfectly to do things well
The empathy that you bring to your job may be the most important thing. I think that's the thing that families need most when they've lost a loved one. Someone could not make any mistakes, but perform much worse if they have no empathy.

If the problem is that you think you're doing a bad job, you don't have to worry. If your work isn't good enough, whoever is in charge will change your job role.

Marilyn1962

You don't have to do things perfectly to do things well

The empathy that you bring to your job may be the most important thing. I think that's the thing that families need most when they've lost a loved one. Someone could not make any mistakes, but perform much worse if they have no empathy.

If the problem is that you think you're doing a bad job, you don't have to worry. If your work isn't good enough, whoever is in charge will change your job role.
I 100% agree with you on that, it might be that I’m finding the training difficult as I’m doing mock arrangements with managers etc and really getting flustered.

thank you for your response :)

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$30.00
Goal
$255.00