cruelty

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by swimmergirl, Jun 13, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. swimmergirl

swimmergirl Well-Known Member

Why do people make comments about other peoples bodies? What right do you have? And, why do you feel the need to shout it out on the street?

I find the world to be such a cruel place. Thanks for triggering me asshole. Thanks for reminding me that the world is not safe. Thanks for making me feel worthless. I hate you, but I hate me more.

2. Terry

Terry Antiquities Friend Staff Alumni

Some people are just ARSEHOLES! quite frankly. :mad:

Remember being in a pub one night and this woman came in dolled up to the nines, okay it was a bit mutton dressed as lamb, but who the hell cares.
    She'd made a real effort to look her best.
    Two men at the bar immediately started in with "look at the state of that!" :mad:
    My mate and I pointed out to them that they were fat, balding and had foul teeth and had no business talking shit about anyone else...exit two highly embarassed middle aged men :laugh:

3. lightbeam

lightbeam Antiquities Friend

lol!!!

4. BlueBelle

BlueBelle New Member

I agree. Fat, skinny, whatever. I hate any comment on my appearance. Even if it's "you have lost so much weight" because I don't want my weight to be noticed. It just means if I gain it back, that will be noticed too. "Wow, you look great" translates as "you have gained weight" to me. Just leave me alone! Mind your own business! UGH!

5. Witty_Sarcasm

Witty_Sarcasm Writer, Musician, Fun Lover, Magic Maker

People have said shit about me all my life....whether it's my appearance or something else. You just have to remember that these people are dicks with really low self-esteem and nothing better to do...I know it can be hard to block out negative comments, but you have to believe that you are better than whatever any idiot has to say about you.

6. youRprecious!

youRprecious! Antiquities Friend

It's their problem..... the people who make comments like that, they only do it to try to feel superior to someone else, and appearances seem to be the easiest way to do this - just say "Well, don't we all wish we could be oil paintings?" as a push-back :) That will help them see you are well able to minimise appearance-based reasoning, and have more important things to focus on :)

7. Sadeyes

Sadeyes Staff Alumni

I am in a wheelchair and on line at a store, and some primate (sorry primates!) said, "why the hell don't you move faster?" to which I said, "why the hell isn't your I Q larger than your shoe size?" Winner, lady in the wheelchair...and yes, in public, "they" (the morons) are going to try to get you...I put on my candy coated shell, expect they will be there, and know, eventually during the day, I will feel very sad for them

8. BlueBelle

BlueBelle New Member

OMG! This angers me so much! On your behalf I'd like to punch that moron in the throat! People are so completely clueless and inconsiderate. What the hell? I'm so happy that you stood up for yourself and said something back.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.