Discussion in 'Welcome' started by crumbum, Dec 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. crumbum

crumbum Member

Hi. I'm crumbum. I registered here hoping to get quick access to a chat room as I just really really need to interact with other human beings right now or I might go mad. I've recently started falling into a depression for the first time in almost two years, and I know I need to stop this. For two years I took 40mg's of Celexa and about six months ago I weened it down to 30 and then down to 20. 20 was pushing it I think, but I had no overwhelming external pressures and I think just being USED to not feeling horrible for so long coasted me to where I am now. I also take 50mg of trazadone (desyrel) for insomnia issues, but I don't think that helps so much for my depression which I can feel change with the level of celexa I take. I don't want to start taking more again, I HAVE to learn how to live with this myself and deal with it without drugs:( If anyone has any advice please give it. Thanks you- Crumbum
  2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Hi Crumbum nice to see you reaching out for support here welcome to SF If an increase in meds just a bit helps then why not i say if it helps keep you out of the darkness the pain then why not hun people take all kinds of meds to help them stay well why not antidepressant it may be just your brain cannot keep levels of chemical right without it. But i do understand the want to be off them i go there all time too then i crash and have to start them again I hope you can maybe find an activity you enjoy that will help keep you out of depression some nice to have you here
  3. jimk

jimk Staff Alumni

hello crumbum and welcome to SF's.. i do depression and fight it pretty successfully with remeron adn trazodone.. if the previous higher dose of your meds helped you also thenn yes maybe time to talk to your pdoc and see about doing that again.. are some side effects from meds but there are pills to also help with that.. love/hate relationship with meds is very common.. kind of a damned if you do but a more damned if you don't. Jim
  4. texaskitty

texaskitty SF Friend and Antiquities Friend Staff Member Safety & Support SF Supporter

Welcome to SF!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.