Crush

It really sucks when you care about someone more than they care about you. I have had many crushes over the years. The last one was the only one I ever admitted to. I told the guy and he said he just wanted to be friends. I could live with that. But then he stopped talking to me for three months. We were talking every day and then every week. But then, nothing. I would still call him, but he wouldn't get back to me. And it hurts that he's really the only person I consider my friend. And I keep hearing how I need to have more than just one friend- I'll overwhelm anyone if they were my only outlet. Every time I've been in trouble, he was the person I'd call. He was my sounding board and he always managed to make me feel better, whether he realized what was going on or not. But he was and is the only person I really trust. So now I worry that I shouldn't even talk to him at all because I don't want to overwhelm him. I've known him for 2 1/2 years. We met at college. We became friends really quickly. He was only at college for one semester, but he gave me his phone number and Facebook so I could call him/message him if I wanted to. I was calling him every night, but then he asked me to call less, so I started calling once a week. The last time I didn't talk to him for 3 months (August to November of last year), I promised myself that I wouldn't be so needy. I've only called him once a month, except for his birthday and mine. But I really miss our conversations. He was easy for me to talk to and we both were the type of people that could agree to disagree. I know for a fact this matters to me more than it does to him. But I don't want to be too needy. And it really hurts that he doesn't talk to me as much. I don't care if he doesn't want to be my boyfriend, I just want him to be my friend. I don't care if he isn't always there, I'd just like to hear from him once in a while. My heart hurts.

Twocky61

Banned Member
It is a shame he's being like that Faithgone, especially as you have purposely reduced the amount of times you are contacting him & realise in yourself you can overwhelm him - I saw that in myself quite a few time throughout my life, so I know where you are coming from

tc faithgone :hug:

whoamiboo

It is sad that friends come and go in one's life. If only they would stay as close as we would like them to. Remember the good times with him. For some reason he pulled away from you. Don't take it personal, though you may have. He seems like a good man but something in his life made him run from you. Some people stay and touch our hearts while others touch our hearts and leave. Sorry to hear that he was there for you now not. He will forever stay in your heart.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00