• Please read the thread in Forum News and Announcements pertaining to race related discussion on SF - thank you :)

crushed, painful life, abused again (making C-PTSD intolerable)

Falling17

Hello forum friends,
Is it okay to swear? My landlord are abusing me, or rather us, they are social landlord which means they KNOW majority of their tenants are ill, on the poverty line, and more.

Here’s how they are abusing me;

1) Repairs section /
Refused to fix a plumbing fault which the noise and vibration wrecks our sleep since March 2018

2) Housing department/
Refused to make Reasonable Adjustments regards flashing lights out the back, installed by a neighbour. Since my first complaint in December 2018 the housing officer (DWD) has IGNORED our disabilities and so has her boss (WA).
They both told us “use blackout blinds “

Where is my view of a field in the summer evenings? Where is the ventilation in 27 degrees heat?
We wrote reply to WA asking for evidence of his written claim “I am satisfied that she has done her job properly” and his reply awaits our attention, it sits unopened on the stairs in a box I adopted from a supermarket when I was not yet sleep deprived.
It waits because we are too sleepy to cope with any stress despite being stuck trying to get the Housing Ombudsman to help regards the refusal to finish a responsive repair (the kind you ring up for, as opposed to Planned Repairs done periodically).

I HATE the council executives, they’re a bunch of bottom feeding, self serving assholes who get paid between 58k, 89k and 121k, for sitting on their fat asses doing FARK ALL!

(Assistant director of housing, Director of housing, and chief muppet salaries respectively)

For anyone in England who might want a council property, BE CAREFUL WHAT YOU WISH FOR.
This lot have caused me to suffer with mental health trauma on top of my existing mental health illness, and thoughts of catching the bus. I’m scared that I might not make it out of this shithole alive. Headaches from not enough sleep, and blurry vision all the damn time.
💔
Wish I could make those bastards suffer like they’ve forced me to suffer. Assholes. 😰🤬
22,17/ Saturday 23 May 2020

Last edited:

Falling17

Besides covid... I can barely stand. It’s been over two years. They’re breaking the law and they’ve taken me to court after causing this mess. If it needs a court order, i will get one. They bully people down then expect them to leave. Narcs.. all of them. I won’t back down. A judge would throw the book at them, they hate coiuncils as much as the councils hate their own tenants.

Ixtab

I don’t know about it or Washington law, but I’ve lost money renting when I bailed on bad situation. I would rather sleep in the bushes than be treated like that for two years it’s awful. Sleep is very important I know what it’s like to be deprived, have abusing landlords, and end up in the gutter. Being homeless blows but at least it’s not winter. And I would think people would be more apt to show rentals during covid like used cars.

Mr Pryce

Hello forum friends,
Is it okay to swear? My landlord are abusing me, or rather us, they are social landlord which means they KNOW majority of their tenants are ill, on the poverty line, and more.

Here’s how they are abusing me;

1) Repairs section /
Refused to fix a plumbing fault which the noise and vibration wrecks our sleep since March 2018

2) Housing department/
Refused to make Reasonable Adjustments regards flashing lights out the back, installed by a neighbour. Since my first complaint in December 2018 the housing officer (DWD) has IGNORED our disabilities and so has her boss (WA).
They both told us “use blackout blinds “

Where is my view of a field in the summer evenings? Where is the ventilation in 27 degrees heat?
We wrote reply to WA asking for evidence of his written claim “I am satisfied that she has done her job properly” and his reply awaits our attention, it sits unopened on the stairs in a box I adopted from a supermarket when I was not yet sleep deprived.
It waits because we are too sleepy to cope with any stress despite being stuck trying to get the Housing Ombudsman to help regards the refusal to finish a responsive repair (the kind you ring up for, as opposed to Planned Repairs done periodically).

I HATE the council executives, they’re a bunch of bottom feeding, self serving assholes who get paid between 58k, 89k and 121k, for sitting on their fat asses doing FARK ALL!

(Assistant director of housing, Director of housing, and chief muppet salaries respectively)

For anyone in England who might want a council property, BE CAREFUL WHAT YOU WISH FOR.
This lot have caused me to suffer with mental health trauma on top of my existing mental health illness, and thoughts of catching the bus. I’m scared that I might not make it out of this shithole alive. Headaches from not enough sleep, and blurry vision all the damn time.
💔
Wish I could make those bastards suffer like they’ve forced me to suffer. Assholes. 😰🤬
22,17/ Saturday 23 May 2020
You dont need to move but be more aggressive to see answers to your questions. Whenever you want something good (like a service or repair) you have to go and get it and yearn for it. Its not going to fall on your lap you know. Landlords only respond when you demand and keep working on it.

Falling17

You dont need to move but be more aggressive to see answers to your questions. Whenever you want something good (like a service or repair) you have to go and get it and yearn for it. Its not going to fall on your lap you know. Landlords only respond when you demand and keep working on it.
hi, I hear you and trust me I do keep on. I've been like a terrier at their heels all the way up the complaints procedure. They didn't listen and only blamed us for being "the only ones hearing it." That makes no difference, a responsive repair is a service for everyone.

This problem has reached the ombudsman now, and sadly the investigator discriminated against me and my housemate, and went only in support of the council, so I have drafted a letter for the ombudsman management.

Due to all being on lockdown I am forced to wait until businesses are back to normal before I continue. I hope management helps because lack of sleep is killing my health. Pains in my body and my mental health isn't doing so well as you might expect. Haven't seen a morning in years and this adds to stress. That's what led me to this forum, the unfortunate thoughts and seeking support.

Falling17

I don’t know about it or Washington law, but I’ve lost money renting when I bailed on bad situation. I would rather sleep in the bushes than be treated like that for two years it’s awful. Sleep is very important I know what it’s like to be deprived, have abusing landlords, and end up in the gutter. Being homeless blows but at least it’s not winter. And I would think people would be more apt to show rentals during covid like used cars.
hi, trust me I have kept on at them. Regards my flat, I prefer to stay put as I have special needs and anyhow, like you said, the landlord in the wrong needs to change, not the tenant.

ps, If you look at the reply just above this one, you'll see my update. I hear you too, and I am trying my best to get things for me and my house mate eg rights back as they should be. The investigator at the ombudsman has broken so many regulations so this letter to the management is going to pack quite the punch (using businesslike language of course). I did a search for housing ombudsman reviews england and it seems they screw people's lives up in other cases too. Horrible. I hope at some point in life I could help people struggling. Not sure how yet. I need sort my own messes out first. Stubborness and persistence, I will get there (hopefully sooner rather than later).

Thank you for reply.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$280.00
Goal
$255.00