Cry for help or reall death wish?

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Summer.Rain, Jul 21, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Summer.Rain

Summer.Rain Well-Known Member

I noticed people here tend to OD
    but everyone know that suicide with OD is almost impossible..
    And there those who cut, yet its well knows that it also not a way to suicide.
    I wounder, as a part of this forum, maybe its not a place for me?
    I mean, i really do want to die, i dont cry for help, escpacialy not by cutting or OD..
    Ehh... i dont know even why i post it...
    Maybe the fact that i feal so alone with my fealings...

A true death wish, is it so rear?
  2. fromthatshow

fromthatshow Staff Alumni

suicide with od is almost impossible?
    that's upsetting. that was one of my backups.
  3. pían

pían Member

I've been in the same boat as you. You wont try to OD, cut yourself or jump because of the failure rates / consequences of failure. It can be quite serious when you wont consider telling someone, you'll only consider suicide.

My advice would be having been in your situation seek the help of a professional as soon as possible. You might think you simply want to die and no longer exist, but an hour spent with a professional can make you realise how much you do have to live for and why you should keep on living.

Good luck dealing with your depression, seek help ASAP.
  4. LenaLunacy

LenaLunacy Well-Known Member

Hun, get some help.
    Iv tried suicide, nine times, different ways. Ods are not impossible though, i lost my best friend when he slit his wrists and took an od. It was not a cry for help, he just wanted to die. Nothing else.
    But really i think u should seek some proffesional help. We here would hate to lose you.
    Please take care of yourself.
  5. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

Hey Summer_Rain,
    Od'ing you probably are close to being right. Cutting you are way off. Thats all I have to say on those lines. I know I am probably breaking a rule. I just didn't want (oh never mind).
    You sound like you have a lot of friends and loved ones. Why would you want to harm yourself? You have a major supply of possible positive thoughts! You even have a partner who is behind you with support.
    I know you have had bad luck with therapists. You need to find another one who will listen. Mine listens but she is also very tuff!! She won't accept: I don't knows, should haves, could haves, can't,and right or wrong. Plus others I can't think of right now. I guess you might say she won't accept excuses.
    Please don't give up on your self. You have a lot going for you!! Take Care and Stay Safe!!:chopper:!!
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 21, 2008
  6. Ignored

Ignored Staff Alumni

Many people who cut have no intention of commiting suicide through their actions... quite the opposite in fact, it is a way of preventing oneself from more serious damage. Od'ing is not at all impossible to do, and is dangerous here to suggest it is, though I'll give you that it is unreliable not least cos it gives you the opportunity to change your mind.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.