Cry wolf

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gloomy eeyore

That is how my family thinks of me surviving my suicide attempts. They just don't care or they are so tired of me they can't care anymore. I feel I have driven them to the edge when it comes to dealing with me. I just gor out of the hospital and my parents dropped me off at my apartment and drove off. There is o talking about it anymore. I know I am the biggest disappointment in their lives. I am not what they wanted.

Yo but ur what they got and I'm sure they love you maybe it's jus hard for em to show cause they know ya got it bad. Regardless hit me up if ya need anythin ya got my support. Peace.

Walker

Admin-a-monkey
Staff member
ADMIN
SF Social Media
SF Supporter
Maybe they think you should stop trying to die and start trying to live. Parents can get frustrated by not being able to help after they've been trying a long time. How would you feel if it were your kid? Seems you've got kid(s) I recall from a prior post. If you try and try with them eventually you have to hand it to them to work out at some point. There's nothing you can do FOR them, you can only be there to help and support them. I'm sorry you're not getting what you need from them but I'm sure they love and care for you. Perhaps you just need to get some of your reassurance and people who "get it" from somewhere else - like here :) You're too old for them to try to live your life for you - and I'm sure they feel much to old for it as well. I doubt it's a matter of "disappointment" but rather "inability to make a difference in you". I've been there myself.

Gloomy eeyore

That's understandable. My son has special needs I watched him struggle daily trying to get along with mainstream kids. It just breaks my heart to watch him struggle. But unlike me he never gives up. He faces each day with a smile and never gives up. I get so caught up in my self pity, when I should be taking a lesson from my son. It just gets hard to face each day when it seems like there is no hope. I don't think I want my parents to live for me as much as I need some independence from them. My dad has dementia and my mom wants me to be his caregiver. I moved about 20 min away from them to give me some space to try to take back some control of my life and to make a better home for me and my son. I just have to remind myself that this is all for my son who needs me.

Walker

Admin-a-monkey
Staff member
ADMIN
SF Social Media
SF Supporter
Kids are cited as one of the top reasons people give for sticking around this crappy existence when they don't feel like it... cause you know, we're weird and we ask that shit around here. Your son DOES need you. Where would he go if you weren't here? Doesn't sound like the parents would be taking him. He needs his mom and you do have the ability to provide a life for him... and yourself. You guys can lean on each other when times are tough, you know? He doesn't even have to *know* you're leaning :) He just has to exist. I'm alive because of my son too.

I am sorry that you feel that way. Perhaps you should see a councilor. It could help if you have someone to talk to. Perhaps a support group could help you as well. Have you seen a doctor? They could prescribe medication. That could help you as well. You mention that you are having problems with your family. Maybe you could see a family therapist together. I am praying for you. God Bless.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$165.00
Goal
$255.00