Crying and afraid of myself

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm really fearing for my old cat Dylan's safety and because I'm so worried about him this morning I really feel like causing harm to myself :cry2:

JmpMster

Owner Emeritus
I am so sorry you are having a tough morning .... harming yourself will not improve it though and just as you would be very unhappy if Dylan was being harmed, even to himself, I am certain if able to think he would feel the same way about you being harmed or harming yourself.
:hug:

Please Be Safe

Ben

windlepoons

I am so sorry, having lost a few furry friends I know it is an awful feeling.
I hope you can avoid harming, can you distract yourself in other ways?

Moat

Banned Member
Harming yourself will not change anything; whilst I do not know the circumstances of your cat's disappearance (such as how long he has been missing for) please take note that it is in a cats' nature to explore the outside World, because they are much like little children - anything and everything around them outside of the house is a fascination and something to be explored. More often than not, cats will return when they are hungry or when their curiosity has been satiated, so bear with it and he will return soon enough.

I have four cats and have grown up all my life with cats in the household, so believe me, I know what they are like.

K

katrina77

I'm so sorry about Dylan. But don't assume he's dead yet. You might try calling local shelters, etc. You might even try looking around your neighborhood. Sometimes cats will attempt to return to their old home, and get lost.

In any case, I hope you won't harm. I know I have the same urge to do so when I am stressed, but it's best to try other things to relieve the stress. Look for Dylan, or get some work done, etc.

Samara

Account Closed
Maybe he is looking for you? Stories do come about... many.... about animals returning home... sometimes it takes them a long time to figure that out, like where to go or what... but they do.

Maybe he is looking for you? Stories do come about... many.... about animals returning home... sometimes it takes them a long time to figure that out, like where to go or what... but they do.
I pass by his new home once a day usually so he'd have no reason to run away he'd just need to wait for me to come along

Samara

Account Closed
I meant maybe he's... trying to get "HOME" home... as in to wherever that was when he last lived with you? Or maybe he ran off... to... ugh... .... some animals.... do this to kind of die.

Not sure if you have heard of this... but if it really is unusual for your kitty to do that... then some pets, retreat and kind of disappear on purpose, when they know they might be dying. It is a known behaviour for animals, like cats and dogs... for some to do this.

I have personally taken it to maybe be... like... a sort of behaviour that maybe they don't want to freak anybody out, so kind of go where no one will know to do their final business. Didn't want to sound grim, but somehow my post went that direction... but I know you are scared.. it's just that you said that you come by everyday...

But, as odd as that sounds, there is that other possibility that maybe your cat is somewhere... and an even odder possibility that maybe somebody grabbed it... honestly I have been tempted to grab people's cats that are often outside... but this is more out of concern and partially out of anger, because winter comes, and they don't damn let their cats back inside... and ... something could happen to the cat.

Can't tell you how many times I have been tempted to take a cat in as my own, but the only thing stopping me, was that a family member is allergic... it is possible that somebody felt the same way with your cat... and thought that nobody who owned it cared (if they constantly saw it wandering around outside), or maybe they saw it alone... and thought maybe it's homeless so took it in.

Also... though posters are out... most people drive around... so they don't really stop that much to look at things, because they aren't on the sidewalk.. and pass by stuff... so... it's possible people still haven't seen it.

But there are a few possibilities here...

Another is that your cat has ran off to a place beyond where the posters are.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00