Crying in public

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by emotionsickness, Sep 16, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. emotionsickness

emotionsickness Well-Known Member

Any of you cry in public before? I've done it twice within the last week. I realize now that I should've found a restroom to cry privately in, but the thought didn't even occur to me either time. Anyway, the fact that I've started crying in public tells me that I'm at a breaking point. Usually I can "keep it together" around other people but my facade is weakening. Question is, what does one do when they feel like the whole world is crumbling around them? I feel like I'm truly alone in the world. I do have my family but they don't understand me. And I'm pretty sure I've lost the guy I love for good. Will I ever fit in anywhere?

(Sorry, kind of got a bit off topic there. But I'm posting this because I really need to get this off my chest. Thanks for listening).

2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

yup i have broken down and cried in public at work and it is very upsetting Like you said depression just takes over sometimes and one loses control
    I am sorry you are feeling so alone i hear you and i hope your guy and you can work things out .

3. Witty_Sarcasm

Witty_Sarcasm Writer, Musician, Fun Lover, Magic Maker

It has happened to me a few times before, and it can be embarrassing, but sometimes things become too much to handle and emotions come pouring out. I guess there is no easy solution when you feel this way, maybe even just trying to distract yourself as best you can to try and keep some of the bad feelings at bay. I hope you will feel better soon. :)

4. Aphorism

Aphorism Well-Known Member

I've cried in public my fair share of times. Usually cos I try walking outside to calm me down.

5. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

I have cried in public and to be honest even with my social anxiety disorder it did not bother me. If you need to cry, just cry, it's none of anyone's business.

6. Acy

Acy Mama Bear - TLC, Common Sense Staff Member Safety & Support

I have cried in public many times, but not so much these days. The worst was when I cried all day, every waking moment for weeks after my "husband" announced he wanted to be "ex." Tears would not stop - they just rolled down my face. I didn't even sob or or gasp all the time, just cried. I remember a complete stranger came up to me and said (kindly), "Good Lord, child, surely it can't be that bad." She meant well - was concerned that I was so upset.

There are times when something is so utterly moving that I tear up a bit...a song, sad world news, and oddly good news, "nice neighbor/good people" news stories.

Usually, if I am really upset about something, I head away from the crowd and settle myself.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.