Crying. Is it really ok?

• Thread starter when does it get better
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
W

when does it get better

I am a man, a man that cries. I cry a lot, probably a few times a week.

I feel so weak. I should not be doing this, but I do. The despair is overwhelming. I try hard, but it just hits me like a ton of bricks, and I break down. I get upset because of this. I am supposed to be strong, but I can't do it. I cry my eyes out.

I'm in the middle of another session once again. I am absolutely alone on new years.

Why do I have to cry? This shouldn't be happening...

twilightki

People need release. Think of crying as an outlet for your pain. It's alright to cry. It doesn't mean you're weak. I hate that stereotype, that men can't cry, or it isn't manly to cry. If you don't hold back, and really just have a good cry, you feel a lot better afterwards. So go on my friend, cry. And don't hold back, just do it. You'll feel a lot better.:smile:

Hun, there is absolutely nothing wrong with a man crying! there is no law that says a man has to be 'strong' and not cry. How many times has a man lost someone he loves and cries, does that make him weak?? no it makes him human. Men have the pre conception that they shouldn't show their emotions, when that isn't true. We're all human and we should be able to communicate on an emotional basis and say and show how we truely feel. Crying is a way to release emotions and thats a good thing! no one should keep their emotions bottled up, just makes things worse in the long run. Crying is nothing to be ashamed about!

Terry

Antiquities Friend
Staff Alumni
Thank God cos I'm a watering pot. let it all out hun crying is a good release if somewhat draining

Jenny

Staff Alumni
I agree with what has been said.. I think it's perfectly ok for anyone to cry.. I dont really see what gender has to do with it.

I'm sorry that you are feeling bad at the moment though.. I hope that crying is able to help release some of those feelings.

Please stay safe, and keep posting here if it helps
:hug:
Jenny x

Fatman1966

Antiquitie's Friend
I am a man, a man that cries. I cry a lot, probably a few times a week.

Why do I have to cry? This shouldn't be happening...
I'm a man too, a manly man, a mans man and all that stuff.

But for a while there I went through the same thing, all sorts of things would set me off, some films and stuff on TV still do !!!

If you keep bottling things up, in the end bits start leaking out !

Don't try to adhere to the stereotypes and gender roles. All of that is a load of crap, really.

As long as it makes you feel better, don't worry about it.

Crying is a healthy way to release pent-up emotions.

I hope things get better for you, soon. :hug:

TheBLA

The biggest loser ever to live.
I'm sorry for the depression you are going through and the emotional pain, but don't beat yourself up now for crying okay? Its a damn shame that there the stupid stereotype that boys don't cry. I say its perfectly okay.

M

MrDepressed

I envy you and your ability to cry.. I unfortunatly do not have this ability, and when tears do come so do the migraines, so I just do not cry, oh how I would like to cry with no fear of the pain it brings to my head... I think it is noble to cry.. lets those tears come unabated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00