Cure For Depression

Discussion in 'Positive Feelings and Motivational Messages' started by crazy, Nov 9, 2007.

1. crazy

crazy Well-Known Member

I've struggled with depression for much of my life. Finially I think I've discovered something that works even better than any anti depressent and any street drug or any type of self harm or any other thing commonly used to cope with depression.

What I've discovered that I believe is the cure for depression is helping out others. Helping others is the last thing I want to do when I'm depressed. I also tend to think like "how can I ever do good things for others and help others out when I can't even do anything for myself". Despite it's the last thing I want to do or believe I can do I get the best results from it.

It doesn't matter if I do something as small as holding the door open for someone even. No matter what it is, big or small, I start to get lessed depressed. Best of all I don't have to wait weeks for anti depresents to kick in, or drugs or alcohol to take effect, or hurt myself in any way at all.

2. fromthatshow

fromthatshow Staff Alumni

Holding the door open for someone while walking into a store, restaurant, or whatever, is something that I live for. How spontaneous and wonderful to help out a total stranger for a split second and have at least made the person's day the tiniest bit better.
    Or maybe it makes the world of difference. Think about the butterfly effect. You open up a door for them, they're in a better mood, they pass it on, then those people pass it on, etc. You've changed the world :)

3. Oceans

Oceans Well-Known Member

A simple act of kindness does make all the differences. What would our world be like if everyone did a small deed for someone else? wouldn't that be great!

i hope you continue on your journey to better health.