Curious...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Petal

~*Mod Extraordinaire*~
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
A belated welcome to the forum crazy cat. I hope you find it helps relieve your mental anguish just know you don't have to fight this battle alone.

SillyOldBear

Teddy Bears Rule! 🐻
Staff Alumni
I like to think that it is up to Jesus when I should die. He will call me when it is time. It is not up to me. In the meantime I am here to do any good I can possibly do.

DrownedFishOnFire

Back into the wild where I belong. Out of your way
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
Am not religious but didn't Jesus die for your sins so you could enjoy life? That was his ultimate scarifice wasn't it? Hypocritical aren't you if you want to die to be with him and believe in him as your Savior when he died in your place so you could have a life?

Crazy Cat

Hmm thats an interesting question. Some would say 'absolutely' while others would also say he came to give us eternal life, which is far more important than our experience in this life.

I often wonder if this is the reason he doesn't heal more people? After all if this life is so important, why wouldn't he? Is it because he knows that eternity is more important?? I dont know the answer.

I know lots of Christians who would say suicide is a sign that you don't trust God, but they would also be the first in line to recieve medical treatment to prevent death. Is this also expressing a lack of faith in God? Or hypocritical? I don't know.

What I do believe is that God is real and he showed us through Jesus how to love & respect people while restoring their dignity. Everything else is grey for me.

I hate feeling like this. I'm sick of feeling disillusioned with people but I really appreciate having these conversations. Thanks for your thoughts.

DrownedFishOnFire

Back into the wild where I belong. Out of your way
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
Perhaps your right, but sometimes I do think Jesus himself was just a Joe blow on the street or a made up person in our history as a tool to control the sheep.

I do wonder about why there is more bad things happening if God or Jesus really existed why are we going through all of the horrible things we have been dealt with. I agree with that grey. Sometimes having faith brings out the inner peace within ourselves. Do I believe in God I don't know it depends on what day it is for me. Sometimes i think its hypocrisy when God has a son and that son isn't a God himself, but a mere mortal and was able to do all of this stuff he did? We aren't supposed to have more than one god?

Crazy Cat

Believing something which can't be seen requires faith...whether it be a faith in God or faith in people who profess evolution. There is no scientific evidence to prove one or the other. It wasnt until i was 18 and ready to end it all that I decided I had nothing to lose by 'giving God a chance' to intervene in my life. (My life up to this point had been extremely traumatic. I was sexually abused by my middle brother from 8 - 10 and then my other brother (17) attacked both of my parents with a kitchen knife. My dad tragically didnt survive. My mum was left with multiple stab wounds fighting for her life. I was there and witnessed it all.

My life from 10 - 18 was a roller coaster of tormenting emotions. BUT when I surrendered my life to Jesus I had an encounter that I couldnt deny. I was still broken, but I had hope. This hope has sustained me now for 25 years!

I'm happily married, have 2 amazing adult children & a job I love! I have so many amazing things which I know I wouldn't have had I not found Christ.

And yet over the last 6 months my PTSD has been triggered significantly. There's a part of me that knows He's not finished with me yet but there's another part of me that is done fighting. I've fought enough. I've overcome enough. I'm tired.

I'm sorry if I'm creating more confusion for you. Im still clinging to hope.

SillyOldBear

Teddy Bears Rule! 🐻
Staff Alumni
My belief in God stems from the wonder of the world around us. I just can't believe that it happened by random, or by evolution. At least not evolution without a guiding hand. Even the human body is totally amazing. All the things necessary to make it work. I remember injuring my hand and researching it to understand it better. It is an absolutely amazing creation. As to why bad things happen. I have no idea. Perhaps I will have the courage to ask God or Jesus after I pass. But then again, I may be too chicken to do that! I do believe that something better awaits those of us who have accepted Christ. Don't know exactly what; but something better.

moxman

The "Perfect Life" YouTube channel is neat
SF Supporter
Nope, I am totally staying out of this conversation. Want to see something weird, this is my alma matter. www.bac.edu It's a Roman Catholic Monstery , with my belief system it was bizarre seeing monks walk around such. I had to take classes in Theology, nothing I learned in those classes came close to changing my mind. It just reaffirmed my beliefs. But anyways, I hope everyone has a wonderful day *hugs to @SillyOldBear for being one awesome person =)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00