Current thoughts

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Pete_D_LDN, Nov 17, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pete_D_LDN

Pete_D_LDN Guest

Nothing matters when you're dead, friends, family, no-one. The world no longer exists. No anxiety, stress, embarrassment, hate. I don't fear being dead, I just fear the way to get there, if there was a simple 'off' button I would press it. Its a shame I dont know a certain way of completely immediate death because I wouldnt hesitate.

There is no meaning to life, so nothing and no-one is important. We are all just here because of coincidence. An ant is the same, living and trying to survive but are they important? We think we give our lives meaning but in 200 years time we will have been completely forgotten and others will be living their own 'important' lives just to end up the same.

I just dont see a point, just to go on because of a survival instinct that means nothing.

2. itmahanh

itmahanh Senior Member & Antiquities Friend

How true. That pretty well sums up life for those of us who hold no hope for tomorrow. If only we could find some true meaningful "hope" (not that hold on everything will work out fine kind), then maybe the world wouldn't be so cruel and unimportant.

3. robert82

robert82 New Member

I agree. Life is completely meaningless. Everyday, we struggle so hard to find meaning, to find purpose in our lives but the whole struggle is futile. We are biological beings; we will all die, eventually. What else is there? What else is there to look forward to? I don't find happiness in anything. I used to, though. When I was a child, I had great ideas and dreams. I believed that life was for the taking, and if you really tried hard or fought for what you wanted, you could achieve anything. That, unfortunately, is not the case. The truth is nothing in life is certain. You can struggle your whole life to be something and then, out of nowhere, your whole life comes crashing down. Sure you can fight; you can get up and keep going, but to where and for what? In the end, there is only death, waiting patiently for our arrival.

4. Beret

Beret Staff Alumni

Hold on guys, even so we all have bad moments in life better times are just around the corner. Yes, we were born without being asked but we all have a purpose in life. I agree dark winters suck and depress, but its up to us to make the best out of them. Try to find sth you enjoy, call some old friends you havent heard from for a while, start a book you always wanted to read; there are millions of options to make you feel better.
    :hug:
    Beret xx

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.